We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving tomorrow am for SW Road trip....packing advice!

NJ
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving tomorrow am for SW Road trip....packing advice!

I'm in the process of packing for our 2 week trip to Colorado, Arizona & Utah and I need help in deciding on whether I need to pack sweaters or just stay with t-shirts, shorts, & capris.

Should I pack a couple of sweaters or would a jean jacket do? I'm packing for myself as well as 2 teenage girls.

So far I have:

6 - t-shirts

2 - convertable pants (for teenagers 1-jeans & 1-yoga pant)

2 - skorts (for the teenagers 4-shorts)

1 - hiking sneakers

1 - water shoes/sandals

1 - anorak

We will be driving an SUV from Denver and there are washing machines at a few motels we're staying at so I don't want to take too much!

Thanks for any and all advice. We've been planning this trip since we got back from last years trip!!

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
10,158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving tomorrow am for SW Road trip....packing advice!

Without knowing where you are going to go its hard to say....

You should bring some sort of jacket or sweater because it will still get cold overnight where teemps below 40 are not that unusual for overnight lows.

What sort of places are you staying??? you should bring swiming stuff because hotels have pools and if you are going to page you can easily go in the water.

with laundry remember to bring some detergent, dryer sheets (zip loc bag) and quarters. Are the hotels with washer/dryer evenly spaced for this road trip ?

You should also bring something for days it can rain

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving tomorrow am for SW Road trip....packing advice!

If your trip includes time spent at higher elevations (since you don't say where you are going) then I'd put in a long sleeved top and a sweater you could layer under the anorak if needed. The sweater could take the place of the anorak if conditions warrant.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving tomorrow am for SW Road trip....packing advice!

Highest overnight stays in your trip are Mesa verde at 8000' Bryce at 8000' and south rim at 7000' Yes is can be cold in the evening and night and bring a flashlight esp for Mesa Verde and GC.

4. Re: Leaving tomorrow am for SW Road trip....packing advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17