We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Hi,

I'm planning to leave Las Vegas at 5:30am and drive to Page. I guess it will be a 4,5h drive to Page, correct or does it take much longer?

I guess I'll be in Page then at 10am/10:30am. Once I'm there, I'll visit Horseshoe Bend and do a tour of the Upper Antelope Canyon.

After that, it'll be around 3pm/3:30pm and I'll drive to my hotel (Red Feather Lodge) at Grand Canyon, about 2,5h drive so I'll be there before dark.

Is this doable?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Doable but not advisable. Las vegas to Page count on 5 hours, go to Horseshoe bend first and to Upper after that. Us89 is closed south of Page (but you can reach the parkinglot for HSB) so you'll have to take 89T (it's signposted) to 89 and turn right at 64 entering GCNP after app 30 minutes. Count on 3 hours between Page and Tusayan (where Red Feather is, so not inside the national Park). So you're on the road for 8 hours and you'll need at least 3 hours total for HSB and Upper. Plus you won't have the time for the views along south rim from desert View to Tusayan and desert View is a must stop. many people already take several hours just between Cameron and GC Village. Why the rush??

You also didnot tell what time of year you are coming.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Thank you for the advice!

I'm going in September.

I already booked my roadtrip a few months ago, before recently realising I could make a stop in Page.

September 14th-16th I'm in Las Vegas and I would go to Grand Canyon the 17th until the19th (2 night at Red Feather Lodge) and would want to fit Page in. That's why I would want to do that on one day.

After reading your suggestion, I might better cancel 1 night of my stay at Red Feather Lodge and instead stay at Page on the evening of the 17th and drive to Grand Canyon early on the 18th to also get some views from Desert View in.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 22:33
Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Cancel 1 night in Vegas and move it to page or Kanab.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,079 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Take a day from Las Vegas and go to Page. Two days is way enough time in Vegas!!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Depends on your plans for GC. If you want to go hiking below the rim one full day is recommended. If you only want to see the canyon and Grand Canyon Village one night may do. Grand Canyon or "Lost Wages" that's the question! And if you can, try to change your reservation and stay inside the National Park instead Tusayan www.grandcanyonlodges.com Not that Red Feather isnot good but staying inside the NP is a special treat.

Tet

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

Which route are you planning from LV to Page?

North from LV thru Zion and Bryce Canyon or east thru Flagstaff?

If the northern route it is a real, unmitigated pity that you are going to blast thru Zion and past Bryce without at stop, both warrant multiple days apiece!!!

If south thru Flagstaff, I can understand not spending any time in Flagstaff, but no stopping at Hoover Dam, or a side trip down Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona or at least a spin thru Sunset Crater and Wupatki?

You are going to drive all the way to Page, take a hike presumably for a few hours and then drive to the GC? I guess its doable, but why?

7. Re: Las Vegas to Page to Grand Canyon in 1 day, doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16