We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to Atlantic City

North Georgia
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boston to Atlantic City

We are leaving Quincy, MA July 2 and driving straight to Atlantic City, NJ. Google map say take I90 to I84 to I91 to I95 then Garden State Pkwy. Looks to me the straight shot would be I95 to Garden State Pkwy. Any suggestions?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
367 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to Atlantic City

You will hit a lot of traffic on I-95 through Connecticut and of course New York, so be prepared. Depending on how much of a hurry you are you may want to look at one of the Long Island Ferries, like the one that runs from New London, CT to Orient Long Island. I took this ferry once and it was worth it. You will avoid the majority of Connecticut and New York traffic and being near a holiday there will be a lot of traffic. If you take the ferry and drive through Long Island take the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge into Staten Island...yes this is one area you will hit a lot of traffic, try to avoid rush hours. But overall dealing with this traffic will be less than dealing with all of Connecticut and New York. After getting on Staten Island, take the South bridge (Outerbridge) and then get on the Garden State Parkway. This might seem like an easy one day drive but I would take two...your nerves will thank you.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,758 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to Atlantic City

I would avoid I-95. 90 to 84 is the way to start this trip.

If you want to take the ferry, you can take I-90 to 395 right down to New London.

3. Re: Boston to Atlantic City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:20