We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip and filling in ESTA for Visa waiver program

Kópavogur
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip and filling in ESTA for Visa waiver program

Hi everyone,

We are going on our road trip in 2 weeks and will stay for 28 nights. I was looking into filling the ESTA application, they ask for an address while in the States but we will not be in one place for longer then 4 nights. Should I just put in the first place we will stop?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip and filling in ESTA for Visa waiver program

> Should I just put in the first place we will stop?

Yes, that is correct.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip and filling in ESTA for Visa waiver program

You could put in the address of the first place but you actually don't need to provide any as the provision of an address in the USA is not mandatory and is purely optional.

I never update my ESTA with addresses and have never had any issues.

Kópavogur
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip and filling in ESTA for Visa waiver program

Ok thank you both for your reply's. I have always put an US address didn't know it was optional, will take a better look tonight when I fill them out :-)

4. Re: Road trip and filling in ESTA for Visa waiver program

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:17