We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,750 posts
384 reviews
Save Topic
50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Great list and photos from CNN-

cnn.com/interactive/…

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,118 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Interesting collection! Some I agree with, some not. I suspect the group of regular posters could come up with some that are better. I thought some of the pictures to represent the place were odd (wolves for Sawtooths....really, it would be pretty rare to see a pack like that altho they are there) and seemed heavy on sand dunes, but then it is summer.

Thanks for posting!

Pam

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,750 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

I thought some on the list were interesting too. A lot of people when they think of Alabama they think of Huntsville and the Space Center or the gulf coast beaches.

The Little River Canyon National preserve and DeSoto Falls State park are very scenic near Ft. Payne, AL.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,118 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Yes, I knew it was pretty hilly near Ft Payne and was also surprised at the choice and photo. I thought the photo for MS was odd and the choice for OK odd as well. But they didn't ask me!! All in all I did enjoy scanning thru them....even tho they used Lower Falls in Yellowstone instead of something thermal.

Pam

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Nice list. We made a detour for Elephant Rocks in MO but can't say it's that special.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

some odd choices imo, but nice photos to look at :)

I agree that our regulars would choose other highlights likely.

Still a nice list to go thru.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Lots of pretty photos, but why the obsession with sand dunes? I think it was a carefully edited selection to avoid mostly iconic locations - GCNP being the possible only exception.

SWT

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

Thanks for posting, PeachBelle. Some beautiful shots in this collection, although if I lived in Louisiana I think I'd be a bit perturbed that that was the picture they chose for my state! I was most surprised by the one from Iowa, I think; felt the pic from The Badlands was outstanding. And, writing from Texas, I certainly agree with Big Bend National Park, which is a great place to visit.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,118 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

I thought the Iowa one was interesting and yes, I'm gonna stop there sometime! (I had to go back and see what it was because I did not remember, lol.) I agree about the snake for LA. Even a gator would have been better.

Pam

9. Re: 50 states, 50 spots: Natural Wonders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16