We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling on from New Orleans

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling on from New Orleans

Hi

I will be in New Orleans for a few days in September and plan to travel to some other spots during my time in the area. I can't decide if I should head to San Antonio and Texas, or go east to though missisipi towards Florida. I will rent car and will have about a week. Should I head east or west from New Orleans ? Any advice is appreciated

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling on from New Orleans

What kind of things do you like to do and see?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling on from New Orleans

hmm-- September is peak hurricane season. Keep that in mind so you can have backup plans? Still... I love the panhandle of Florida. I would head there.

Grizz is right tho-- what are your interests?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,069 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling on from New Orleans

What about another option?

Head north toward Natchez for antebellum plantations, Vicksburg for the Civil War military park, great food and MS River then on to Oxford and Tupelo for Elvis, Faulkner and music and then ending up in Memphis for music, good food, Graceland, etc.

Here is something I did on travel in MS-

tripadvisor.com/…58460160

If you have a chance and are interested in the MS Delta region watch Anthony Bourdain's CNN program. We just got back from visiting many of the places he mentioned in his program and eating at many of the restaurants he visited.

Of course if you decide to do San Antonio and Texas or thru coast of MS, AL and on to Florida both are nice trips. San Antonio is my favorite city in Texas with the Alamo, Riverwalk, and Historic Missions NP. There is also music in Austin and Houston has the space center, museums, Galveston, etc.

I love the Orange Beach area of AL and the Seaside/Seagrove Beach area of FL. One thing about September to watch out for is that it is hurricane season.

4. Re: Travelling on from New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16