We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nevada portion of our trip

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Nevada portion of our trip

Now that we have made our major decisions I am down to the details of our trip. The third day we will be going north from Ely, NV to Twin Falls, ID on Rt 93 (continuing on I-84 to Mountain Home for the night) at the end of July. I know we need to fill the tank before we leave Ely, but will there be any places to stretch our legs/use a rest room between Ely and Wells, and Wells and Twin Falls?

We will probably go to Shoshone Falls and stop at the visitor center at Perrine Bridge. Any other sightseeing stops we should consider?

I also asked on the Nevada forum but I know from last year's trip that I will get better answers here!

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nevada portion of our trip

nevadadot.com/uploadedFiles/…202012.pdf

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nevada portion of our trip

Nothing but desert Marian. You can make the detour via 93Alt to Wendover and into Utah are Bonneville Saltflats. We once had a stop at Jackpot for something to eat but there really is not much. South of Twin Falls there's a balanced rock but we found it rather disappointing. Hope Shoshone falls still have a lot of water but I doubt that. A nice drive from Twin Falls is via us30 along Hagerman Fossil beds. Also several falls along this route and the are higher than Shoshone Falls. us30 will be on the way to I84 and Mountain Home

Shake hands with Charly Chaplin at the parking lot for the Perrine Bridge visitor center and don't let the trucks blow you off that bridge ;-)

Tet

3. Re: Nevada portion of our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:17