We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lower Hudson Valley NY to Grand Rapids MI

Stony Point, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Lower Hudson Valley NY to Grand Rapids MI

My husband and I are traveling in mid August from the lower Hudson Valley in NY to a reunion in Grand Rapids MI. We can take up to 3 1/2 days traveling out and was wondering if any one has any suggestions about sightseeing stops along the way? This is our first time taking a car trip to the area and have no ideas what is along the route.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Susan Riz

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lower Hudson Valley NY to Grand Rapids MI

You would be driving either NY17/I-86 to I-90 then ino Michigan or you drive into NJ and PA and drive I-80 then go into Michigan.

What interests you?

You will be driving along lake Erie for some of the trip. Driving through PA you have mountains you pass through and in southern NY you pass by the finger lakes.

As part of a loop trip you could pass through Canada and see niagara falls.

2. Re: Lower Hudson Valley NY to Grand Rapids MI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16