We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Questions?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket Questions?

Hi TA,

I'm reading thru fifa.com and cant really get a clear answer so apologies if these are silly questions:

1) I am 100% going to Brazil, however I dont know who of my friends will be coming, when I buy tickets with my credit card will I need to know the names of everyone coming with me? And can I change if they bail out?

2) How many games do you get to see on a venue specific ticket? This ticket means you go to x number of games at that venue correct?

3) If all tickets for the final sell out, are they available elsewhere? Ebay etc?

Thanks as always to everyone who replies.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket Questions?

Hi.

1. Yes, you can change guest names but not yours. You have to provide details when you apply of guests.

2. 4 or 5 depending which VST you buy, only include a RO16 games if its a 5 with a knockout match.

3. Maybe, and ticket brokers but they then breach the sales regulations. If Brazil are out you may well be able to buy one on street. The Final will be oversubscribed for IMTs, it always is.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 05:53
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket Questions?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Castlemaine...
Level Contributor
232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket Questions?

Hi Valiantsontour. "The Final will be oversubscribed for IMTs, it always is" . What are IMTs?

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket Questions?

Hi.

IMTs are Individual Match Tickets, so not part of a TST7 (Team Specific Ticket) series, which is the only other way to get a Final ticket.

You can't get a VST that includes the Final.

Castlemaine...
Level Contributor
232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket Questions?

Thanks for replying ... and can I make sure I've got this next bit absolutely right: ticket 'sales' (i.e. applications) open tomorrow, but all applications made between then and October 10 go into a randomised draw - so it makes no difference if I submit my application tomorrow or October 9?

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket Questions?

Yes, that's correct.

They only draw those games or ticket types that are oversubscribed, which could well be all of them, but when you apply in this stage makes no difference.

The following stage is First Come First Served, and then it does! Then another lottery stage after the Draw in December to open Phase 2 sales, follwed by another FCFS stage.

Castlemaine...
Level Contributor
232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket Questions?

Thanks again

New York, New York...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket Questions?

I was concerned that if I applied for too many packages I would get stuck paying a 10% fee on extra tickets, but if I applied for too few, I might not get to go! I used some math to figure out the odds and put it up to help others: www.worldcupticketodds.com

If it's helpful, please share it with the other soccer fans you know.

Best,

Cole

ireland
Level Contributor
594 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket Questions?

I think to be sure you need to do a couple of applications. Get brothers or friends to do them. Any extras can be resold back on the FIFA ticketing website.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticket Questions?

I have a question regarding TST tickets and was hoping someone with a bit of experience could answer it.

I plan to apply for a TST-7 ticket for Australia. As that includes a ticket to the final, does that mean I "compete" with ALL other TST-7 applicants in being drawn for that ticket? (Because the TOTAL number of TST-7 tickets sold will be limited by the amount of tickets for the final)

In other words, would they put all TST-7 applications from all nations together and keep drawing applications until the allocation for TST-7 tickets at the final is exhausted? OR, would they divide this allocation by 32 and give each nations TST-7 applicants an equal chance of a successful application?

For me personally, cost is not an issue, but I want to have the best chance of getting tickets. If that means going for a TST-5 or TST-6 rather than a fruitless TST-7 application, so be it.