We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa credit card needed for tickets?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
visa credit card needed for tickets?

I have a visa debit card. Is this ok for booking tickets or do you need an actual credit card?

Thanks

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

Good question? ( you mean for Game Tickets?)

I think you will be ok but you'll have to wait for the Sales Regs publication to be sure or email FIFA. If not you have till 10th October to get an acceptable one for the first Sales Period..

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

great help to both questions.

i think what i will do is just book the first 2 weeks of the competition in rio. hoping to go to all 4 group games there, no mattere which team is playing it will still be great.

as for tickets and the process,

ive registered on fifa.com, but other than that im not sure what happens next.

can i apply for all 4 games in Rio (group games) and does that go in a lottery to? you no the day we would find out if all applications are successful?

Thanks again

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

Yes, you can apply for the 4 group gamnes as IMTs, Individual Match Tickets, or go for the VST with the RO16 game.

When the Sales Phase opens on the 20th Aug till the 10th October, you can apply anytime. It will close and if games are oversubscribed, and RIo most likely will be, they will run the lottery, and you will get an email to say if you have been successful or not. If you are, then your payment card gets charged.

Now, with IMTs each game will be considered separately ( so you could get 0, 1, 2 3 or all 4), with a VST its all or nothing.

Last tme it was about 2 weeks after the closing date, closed 31st March, drawn on 15th April, you usually know a day or so after.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

if its all or nothing with the VST why would anyone do that. if you can just apply for all 4 separately and have at least some chance of getting a few.

yea im sure rio will be over subscribed although again it probably depends on whos playing there.

im going to apply for all 4 group games separatley, each group has to have at least one top team in so i would be happy with that.

thanks again

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

-lol-

I'm probably going to apply for the VST for Recife : ), but I get your point, particulary if you just want to see a game or two.

My reason I want to limit my trip timescale and make sure I have games close together in the schedule. If I'm lucky I'm not going to the first game, just the three group games and the RO16, so I don't have a 5 day gap to fill.

Anyway someones going to be lucky, even a few lucky people who only apply for a IMT to the Final will get one.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 11:27
ireland
Level Contributor
559 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

FIFA say they prefer VISA, but they accept other cards.

7. Re: visa credit card needed for tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions