We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Hello,

I am a 19 year old Canadian looking to go to the world cup. I preferably would like to stay in Rio throughout the whole of the tournament but that is not my concern. My concern is that I have NOBODY to go with! I have been trying to research tours where people from all over the world meet up and experience the world cup together but I can`t find anything. I`m sure we all have heard of the European tours where you`re with 25-50 people always together visiting all sorts of countries. Well that`s exactly what I am looking for. I am looking for PEOPLE to experience this with. I am sure their is some organization in the world that can provide this for me but I cannot find it. If anybody has any information regarding tours with travel groups it would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you very very much!

-John

Melbourne, Aus
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Hey John - I'm in sort of the same situation as you. I'm 21, I've decided I want to go to Brazil for the WC but will be travelling by myself at this stage.. and I'm a little late getting started looking into flights and accommodation and groups to travel with! I'm keen to go to Rio and Salvador. Have you had any luck finding people to travel with?

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Hey! No not at all. It is soo hard to find people that are traveling alone. Ive been searching and have found nothing!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

I'm just going to stay in hostels and meet people, I get cheap accommodation as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

I'm goin there as a party of two or even solo at some cities. Gona hit sao paolo (for e opener) recife (i think i got a match tix there!), rio and foz de iguazu. Anyone wana get together, holler!

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Hi Molly I am also a little late at organizing my trip which so far is also solo, I was planning on staying at rio the entire time, but im definitely looking for a buddy! or people to know over there :)! not sure how to go about , have you found any info on hostels?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Hey guys, I booked cheap accomo through airbnb. Rio was a little more expensive but still way cheaper than a hotel. I don't know how much hostels will charge. Check out airbnb and make sure you only pick places with reviews.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Moi:

I've tried enquiring many owners on airbnb but all of them rejected me. How was it possible that you managed to secure a booking so far ahead into June 2014? Any tips?

I've booked hotels with free cancellations while still trying my luck at airbnb and waiting for owners to accept my reservations!

8. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 17:22
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

got semifinal tickets at Sao paolo, will be at sao paolo from july 8 to july 13, look for any person/group to hang out, preferably from new york city area. thank you

Miami, Florida...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a Tour/Travel Group for the World Cup !

Hey guys,

On the same boat as all of you, traveling solo and looking for travel buddies. I will be in Rio June 15 to 28 and was able to snag this place for my stay on airbnb:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/230989

The owner has 3 other reasonably priced places compared to everything else on airbnb. Anybody traveling in similar dates from the Miami / South Florida area? Safe travels everyone!

Get answers to your questions