We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you pay for tickets using Debit Card instead of Credit C

Sydney
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Can you pay for tickets using Debit Card instead of Credit C

Am so very upset as have just found out that the ticket application I applied for on behalf of my almost 18 year old son and his 3 friends will probably be automatically cancelled as I paid on my credit card. Have sent several emails to FIFA but just receive automated replies every time. Apparently a 3rd party cannot pay for the tickets and in the event that the application is successful, it will probably be automatically rejected because of the 3rd party payment. Although on one of the other automated emails, it says that we will have to pay an extra 30%, so not really sure what's going on. The bank will obviously not give my son a credit card as he is not 18 yet. Am hoping that a debit card is acceptable so that we can use that next time around.

Any suggestions out there ??

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,050 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you pay for tickets using Debit Card instead of Credit C

Hi.

My understanding is you can use a debit card as long as its an accepted one like a VIsa Debit. Important you tell the bank about international charge so they don't block it and you have enough money in the account at the time payment is taken.

Wait to see what happens in the lottery first. Iin 2010 FIFA allowed, or missed, or ignored, a lot of things the rules said were not allowed, including multiple applications on the same cc. The T&Cs look like they have tightened things up this time but wait and see.

2. Re: Can you pay for tickets using Debit Card instead of Credit C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions