We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Porto Alegre, RS
10 posts
Save Topic
Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

YOU NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT BRAZIL'S WORLD CUP? THAT IS THE PLACE.

Hello, I'm a Brazilian and I can answer some questions about Brazil and the various host cities. Mainly questions about costs, people, security, customs, places to meet.

I also will watch several matches of World Cup 2014.

Also, I can give tips about Uruguay, Argentina and Chile, places I've traveled recently.

I hope to help the friends.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Dear LuizBrazil

Thank you for your help. My question is this. Me and my friend are coming to Rio for the first stages of the WCup. We have tickets for 5 games in Rio. We already booked an accommodation. Can you advise on the daily budget for our stay? Just to have a good time, food, drinks, those kind of things.

Thank you in advance,

Katy

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Hi Luiz, is it possible to travel by bus from Rio to Natal? Plane tickets for both gol and tam are like $800 round trip @_@

Porto Alegre, RS
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Hello WCfever, Welcome to Brazil,

It is virtually impossible to travel this route by bus, because the distance between Rio and Natal is over 2500km, and the journey would take several days. Furthermore, these highways are poorly maintained, with laughter of accident.

You should go by plane, also try another company. The company called AZUL usually has the best prices.

About major airlines of Brazil:

1) TAM: http://www.tam.com.br/

2) GOL: http://www.voegol.com.br/

3) AZUL: http://www.voeazul.com.br/

Ok.

Porto Alegre, RS
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Hello Katy7799 , I hope you enjoy the Brazil ,

In Rio de Janeiro , you have to go :

1 ) Sight: Christ, Sugar Montain , Botanical Garden , San Francisco Church of Penance;

2 ) Beaches : "Copacabana" and "Ipanema" are the most famous, but you can also go to the "Prainha" (beyond the "Barra") and "Itacoatiara" ( "Niterói" ) .

3 ) About restaurants : search by Street Dias Ferreira in "Leblon" neighborhood and Street Maria Angélica in the Botanical Garden neighborhood ;

4 ) On the night: look for bars of "Lapa" and goes to Carnival samba schools. CAUTION : the places are safe, but the Schools are located in poor communities. Therefore , I recommend that you are accompanied by a city dweller, who knows the local, or have bought some tour package in a serious agency.

The city of Rio de Janeiro is beautiful and charming, but Brazil is a big country and also has many other charms. I take advantage to meet other cities and regions outside the city of Rio de Janeiro.

For example, right next to the city of Rio de Janeiro, even within the State of Rio de Janeiro (state and city has the same name), I would travel to the city of "Buzios" (Best Beaches) and goes to your neighbor "Parati" (more histtórica and charming city) . Also the option of seeing the mountain region, called "Serras Fluminenses" , where the located cities as "Petropolis" and "Itaipava".

Outside the State of Rio de Janeiro there are other fantastic places, as the beaches of the Northeast (browse photos of the cities of "Fortaleza" , "Natal" and " Porto de Galinhas ") and Mountainous Area of Southern Brazil , with abundant production of sparkling wines (look for photos of the cities of "Gramado" , "Canela" and "Bento Gonçalves").

As you can see, the budget will depend a lot on what you intend to do in Brazil. You can spend a little or a lot of money.

English is not my native language, sorry about mistakes.

I remain at your disposal.

See you.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

How will the weather be for beaches in Rio?

Porto Alegre, RS
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Hello Braveheart_10010,

Theoretically in June and July is winter in Rio de Janeiro. However, the beaches are not disadvantaged because even in winter the temperatures are high. On average, the minimum temperature will be between 18 and 20 ° C and the maximum temperature will be 26 or 28 ° C, perhaps more.

Winter is also the driest period. So it is not expected much rain. The sky blue, and must be open most of the time.

The beach is guaranteedIn in other cities hosting World Cup. Cities like "Salvador", "Fortaleza" and "Natal" are very hot in the entire year. The beaches located in these cities (located in the Northeast of Brazil), are very famous and very busy, sometimes even more than those of Rio de Janeiro.

Cities in southern Brazil in the Copa, such as "Curitiba" and "Porto Alegre", have a more severe winter, with several days of negative temperature.

Porto Alegre, RS
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

My Friends, dont forgot your visa.

Yes, US citizens need a visa (and so do a lot others): A passport and visa are required for U.S. citizens traveling to Brazil for any purpose. Brazilian visas must be obtained in advance from the Brazilian Embassy or consulate nearest to the traveler's place of residence. There are no "airport visas" and immigration authorities will refuse entry to Brazil to anyone not possessing a valid visa. All Brazilian visas, regardless of the length of validity, must initially be used within 90 days of the issuance date or will no longer be valid. Immigration authorities will not allow entry into Brazil without a valid visa. The U.S. Government cannot assist travelers who arrive in Brazil without proper documentation.

So, pay attention to the documents required.

Porto Alegre, RS
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

SAFETY ISSUES

The southern region of Brazil (cities like Curitiba and Porto Alegre), along with the Southeast Region (cities like São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro), are the richest and most developed regions of Brazil. Are regions with higher income, higher levels of education and lower security problems. Curitiba and Porto Alegre are much safer than cities Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. The cities with the highest crime rates are located in northern and northeastern Brazil, such as Salvador, Fortaleza, Manaus and Natal.

Cities such as São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro are reasonably safe, especially in tourist areas, but also inspire care in other areas. The best thing is to ask the Brazilians on the safety of a site. Unlike other people, Brazilians are extremely accustomed to help other people.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Thanks for the advice LuizBrazil

Edited: 16 December 2013, 01:52
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brazil World Cup - Help For Foreigners

Hi brazilian,

I am thinking in travelling to Rio on June for the world cup, I would like to know which area is the best for transportation, tourist attractions and cheap. My boyfriend and I are going for 3 days to Rio and we would like to get the most out of it. can your give us advise in that.

Get answers to your questions