We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England supporters & others advice welcome

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
England supporters & others advice welcome

I was hoping to engage some England supporters ideas / advice for the forthcoming world cup - i.e. areas to stay in Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte and Rio. Also areas where within these cities to have a pint or 10. I understand there is not the usual following of English so trying my best to find those that are heading out.

Sao Paulo - We have booked into the Jardins district for 3 nights (18th - 20th), and understand this is the place to go on a night out without getting tortured by local idiots. Opinions....

Belo Horizonte - yet to book accommodation for here. But we plan to fly here from SP on the 20th and stay till the 25th. Looking on the net Savassi and Loudres neighborhoods seem to be the places to go.... but is this an area you would book your hotel.

Rio - we are heading here after Belo till the 2nd July, I guess its a case of getting close as possible to the Copacabana in terms of accommodation although I am well aware this won't be cheap.

Basically we're looking to get in the areas where there is atmosphere and of course mix with supporters of other countries. Obviously there is the fan parks, but we're hoping for some BIG nights! Advice welcome from all!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Jason I'm in the Jardins area 17th the 20th as well, not sure where other England fans will be meeting up. Certainly want to meet up with other England fans for a pint or 10 as you put it.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 10:33
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Yes Greg, sounds decent! There must be some groups out there meeting somewhere, all seems a bit quiet for us English, will sort something out on messaging! Cheers

Sderot, Israel
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Hello, I will be in Brasilia during the World Cup, I would like to meet there with the England fans every time.

4. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 15:52
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Do you like beer nadav? haha. I am sure nearer the time something will get organised, I think at the moment we'll see where England fans are staying and see if it it's feasible. Anyone know where the fan park is in SP, I would think many will spill into the nearby bars after games have been on.

Sderot, Israel
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Those who love English football and don't like to drink beer, it's like coming here and tell you a Brazilian he does not like beaches or don't like parties, that two things that go together. I hope to come to Brasilia few team fans, if we can organize the viewing share of England's games at all would be awesome if we have not achieved at least a ticket to the game, will make team homely atmosphere.

London, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

I'll be in Rio from 15-29th June and hoping to catch a few drinks with fellow England fans. I think the Fan Fests will be the best place to meet people.

fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2012/m=4/news=fifa-…

Buenos Aires...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Guys, I really reccomendo www.cuphopper.com for accommodation & tickets. They are responsable and have experience from previous world cups. See you there!

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Yawn, another unwelcome poster trying to push his company.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: England supporters & others advice welcome

Paddy cheers for that - I shall be in Rio from the 25th-1st July, will see if we can get something arranged, we haven't booked our accommodation yet for Rio, leaning towards 3 nights camping - worldcupcampingrio.com and 3 nights in a central hotel

Get answers to your questions