We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

I have read on Big Soccer that Salvador the Fan Fest is only going to show Brazil games L16, quarters, semis and final. If this is true, where are England fans in Salvador planning to watch the match?

Colchester
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

I'd be surprised if that was the case (assuming Salvador even get the FanFest off the ground in the first place).

Has there been any confirmation of where it's going to be located?

If in Barra, then there are plenty of bars around there - its a question of finding a good one once you get out there. I'll be doing a reckie as soon as I get there on the 12th ;-) You're welcome to join me.

Cheers,

Joe

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Yeah, sounds like they're only showing those few matches and that they're doing it on the cheap (the Fan Fest is going to be located at Farol da Barra, apparently. No good to us, we booked our accommodation thinking it would be held way on the other side of the city). Would love to meet up and watch that match if you guys are getting something together for Eng-Ita - will be a welcome breather from the Carnaval!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Hope the carnival is happening.

Save Reply
4. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Hello, also looking for some england fans to watch a few games with in Salvador. There will be 3 of us.

Where are you guys going to be based?

Cheers

Eastbourne, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Hey, I'll be in Salvador from 25th till 4th. The mate I was going with has pulled out if any of you guys are still about then to catch some games?

Colchester
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Hi Nik

Sure - I'll be around from 11th June to 2nd July as I've got a Salvador VST (i've even got a spare VST as my mate pulled out last minute due to a new job!)

Need to scope out some good bars as I've seen few recommendations from locals.

Cheers,

Joe

Eastbourne, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

awesome, and a gunner too! you on facebook mate? may be easier to arrange a bar to meet in! you getting a SIM card out there?

Thanks for the reply dude!

Nik

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

COME ON ENGLAND!!! COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Oh boy, so excited to find some other England fans in Salvador. Arriving in Salvador June 14 early morning.

Joe, I guess you would be first here, so post a good spot to watch the game as soon as you find something I'll be checking this thread frequently.

Let's meet up between 4pm and 5pm so may be we can watch also the Uru- CRC game and get ready for the big one.

Colchester
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

Hi guys,

Good to hear other England fans heading for Salvador. I'm flying out first thing Weds, arriving in Salvador late afternoon, so hope to start a bar reccie that evening. Recommend we startup a WhatsApp chat for England fans. I'm on a general Salvador chat setup by Vic on the BigSoccer Salvador forum, but it is getting too large and not many Brits on it.

I plan to get a SIM in Brazil to cut down costs.

Will keep you all posted of venue to watch England v Italy.

Cheers and see you all soon

Come on England

Joe

Eastbourne, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Salvador Fan Fest and England v Italy

yeah, keep us updated on here and find some top bars! hope you settle in dude, see you guys around 25th. who you supporting, Iran or Bosnia?

Get answers to your questions