We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympics is bucket list for me-how do you go about planning?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
329 posts
91 reviews
54 helpful votes
Olympics is bucket list for me-how do you go about planning?

Paris would be awesome for my family but even if that doesn't work I would love to go one day and figured it would be good to figure out how it works. While probably more $$$ I would assume going through a company/agent who arranges things might be simplest? I like to plan travel but the idea of all the details involved with this overwhelms me a bit. How do people approach this? Are there companies that are well respected and specialize in Olympics travel? It looks like this board is not super active right now but hoping a few ppl might see this. Thanks!

Fukuoka, Japan
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu, Rugby World Cup, Olympics, Chugoku
Level Contributor
19,888 posts
5,690 reviews
2,357 helpful votes
1. Re: Olympics is bucket list for me-how do you go about planning?

How do you plan to stay in Paris or France during the games? Olympic Games are fortnight intensive sports event during which accommodation occupancy is very high. Normally, organizers and sponsors make preliminary reservations of good hotels in very early stage. If you can stay in someone's place, like your friend or family, only issue would be ticket. Tokyo Games Committee had lottery sales. I don't think international flight will be an issue.

You may ask general accommodation questions in France forum. As for package tour which includes ticket, flight, and accommodations, it is a country or region of Olympic Committee based. Someone in your country may answer if there are some in this forum.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
329 posts
91 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Olympics is bucket list for me-how do you go about planning?

That's what I was thinking packages might be the best option in terms of planning, as you'd have accommodations & tickets included I'd assume. There aren't specific events that would be 'must have' for us, I'll check the France forum, I wasn't thinking they'd have information about companies in the US doing packages on there but good idea!

3. Re: Olympics is bucket list for me-how do you go about planning?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.