We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Parking Experience in Downtown

St. Louis
Level Contributor
265 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Our Parking Experience in Downtown

We drove into downtown on Tuesday thru Thursday and used a parking lot on Richards street somewhere between Nelson and Dunsmier (sp?) You can use your credit card at this lot and there were always plenty of available spaces. You can buy a timeframe from 6AM to 6PM for $12.75. If you stay into the evening it is another $7.

There is also plenty of street parking available but it is limited to 2 hours and they have apparently really jacked up the prices.

Another option we considered was coming into town on 99 and parking on a side street (no cost) after you get close to town and then taking the bus into downtown. Their are bus stops situated all along 99 and this would be a very low cost option.

We really liked the convenience of having our car near by and ulitimately decided paying the parking fees was very much worth the money.

Traffic is easy to deal with as long as you get off of the most heavily traveled streets. You can see the congestion appear in plenty of time to turn off to less traveled side roads.

Enjoy the Olympics it was a wonderful time that ended much too soon for us!

Edited: 20 February 2010, 19:00
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

We also used our rental van more than we thought we would. There was tons of parking at Stanley Park when we went out to be tourists. We also found parking at Granville Island at the second parking lot we tried. We were able to use the van to drive to Oakridge Mall to get all our souvenirs, and avoid the big lines downtown at the Bay Store. And then we drove to Pacific Coliseum for speed skating, because when we'd been there for figure skating we'd had to wait 45 minutes in the rain for a bus. We didn't want to be stuck out there again.

BC
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

Quince: where did you park when you went to the Coliseum?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

Thanks for your post, I feel better about getting our rental car now.

I would love to know where you parked near the Pacific Coliseum as well since I will be attending the Ladies Free Skate on Thursday.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

Thanks for your post, I feel better about getting our rental car now.

I would love to know where you parked near the Pacific Coliseum as well since I will be attending the Ladies Free Skate on Thursday.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

We parked next to a school that is about 6 blocks from the Coliseum. There's no parking between 8:30-5, so you couldn't use it for daytime events.

Here's the link;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i13530-k3412629…

We parked 2 cars there at 4:30, and got back at 8:30. No problem. Just only park on the side of the street with the school; the opposite side with the houses is residents only.

(I just looked for the school on Google, and it didn't show up, but our host gave us a really thorough map of the city that showed all schools and parks)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

We drove circles around the rink looking for parking and ended up next to a city park near Naniamo st. Then we jumped on a bus that dropped us off in front of the entrance. Be prepared to walk a lot to get in, they have it set up really poorly, with a huge unnecessary walk to get in. Not sure why they blocked off Renfrew and don't allow for access there.

7. Re: Our Parking Experience in Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions