We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Its over!! *sob*

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
934 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Its over!! *sob*

I have loved every moment of this amazing experience here in Vancouver. Its just like a feel good moment x 100. I loved being downtown just taking it all in. I love the fans, the cheering, the singing, the happy drunks and the spontanious swims in the water fountains. The new found patriotism that we have all found. I love the athletes for working so hard ever day of their lives only to be in the spotlight for this way too short of a time. I love the volunteers that helped pull it off all the while making it seem so effortless and smooth rolling. I am so sad that the next time I head downtown it just wont be the same.

Vancouver 2010 will be one of my fondest moments.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Its over!! *sob*

ditto, went to 3 hockey games and short track, awesome

Sammamish WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Its over!! *sob*

I totally agree! Sitting here bummed out while watching the closing ceremony, although lots of wonderful memories will last a lifetime! I wish it weren't over so quickly--we'll be back to cheer for the Wheelchair curlers, and I know that it will be inspiring, but also somewhat subdued compared to the past two and a half weeks.

Congrats on all your Gold Medals, well done Canada! (I'm not even begrudging you the Men's Hockey Gold--I'm glad the US was able to give a good fight for it though lol!)

Thanks Vancouverites for tolerating all the inconveniences in such good spirits, you've earned a rest!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Its over!! *sob*

What are we going to do now that we do not have an excuse to party? I won't be able to get my TV fix of Olympics. Oh dear, I will just have to wait until CTV delivers me the highlights of the Olympics so I can watch them again and again.

Washington state
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Its over!! *sob*

My sentiments as well. Thanks, Vancouver...and Canada, for such a wonderful show. I came up from Seattle for 2 days of the Olympics (saw the 10,000 men's long track and the women's figure skate practice), and I loved it, even though it poured rain both days. Now I wish I had planned to be there longer!

5. Re: Its over!! *sob*

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions