We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Delivery

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket Delivery

Has anyone who bought tickets through CoSport recived their tickets yet? If so, has the actual seat location been in line with what you expected when originally purchased, in terms of Category and Location?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket Delivery

I am still waiting for tickets to arrive.

Level Contributor
3,390 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket Delivery

What each category still hasnt been announced. Even in countries where tickets have been sent out, like the UK, and you know your seat location, it still isnt apparent what each category means as they havent given an overall category map. Only a block map so you can pinpoint your seat. Not an overall venue map divided by ticket category.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
269 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket Delivery

We received an email from Cosport yesterday saying they just now started sending out tickets and will continue to do so til next week. It's a bit concerning for me as I'm flying out on the 14th, so hopefully the tickets arrive beforehand!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket Delivery

I have not yet received my tickets either from CoSport. Anyone buy tickets through the LOCOG? I have a friend in London who bought me tickets and she has still not received them. I know that they will send out an email but time is quickly approaching and I need to have her overnight them to the US once she receives them but I will be heading to Europe on the 20th. I have seen a lot of articles on how crappy the ticking allocation is in the UK. Ugh! You spend so much money on them is it really so hard for them to send them out right away? I am sure they are trying to prevent scalping but its making me nervous.

Level Contributor
3,390 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket Delivery

UK tickets started being sent out about 6 weeks ago, I received mine at the end of May, and were due to go on until early this month. Did she get them in the original ballot or resale?

The ticket system in the UK has been fine, a few website glitches aside which werent LOCOG's fault as it was an outside website, its just been incredibly popular, with 10 times the applications as there were tickets, a huge amount of people moaned, especially the media which is anti the Games (as it sells papers). That there has been no grouping behind any alternatives approaches just emphasises plenty of people could moan about the process, but few could create alternatives

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket Delivery

I hope the seat allocations will be good according to the category but after looking at the LOCOG site on some of the tickets available for sale, I'm not so sure anymore.

I looked at diving for example. The aquatics centre venue map is shown here

london2012.com/mm/Document/Documents/Venue/0…

and there were tickets available in section 112 (category AA) for a 3m springboard final. Maybe I just didn't notice it in Beijing but I don't recall anyone sitting that far away from the diving area (most of the seats occupied I thought were just the ones by the diving pool area.) SEction 112 is in the middle of the 50m pool!

I bought swimming tickets and certainly hope I won't be sitting in front of the diving pool area for a category A ticket! Only time will tell.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket Delivery

Just found this article. One of my friends paid the most expensive ticket category to watch the 100m final in Beijing and she sat within direct view of the finish line. I would have thought that category AA tix in London would be similar (maybe not first 10 rows but still within direct view of the finish line) but would never believe LOCOG would still consider the other side of the stadium to be category AA!!!

telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9349698/Londo…

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,670 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket Delivery

I guess the the seats in front of the finish line and the middle of the 100m stretch on the lower level will mostly be taken up by VIP/Sponsers/Media and others.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket Delivery

Am not to happy that I have spent money on A and B tickets and would/could get bad seats :(

Level Contributor
3,390 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticket Delivery

I agree though people will be disappointed, but it can depend on personal interest

For example. I've got C ticket for an Athletics session, but reckon its one of the best seats in the house as its at the end of the finishing straight, albeit higher tier. Yet some people would say its rubbish. Depends on your point of view

Edited: 04 July 2012, 12:26
Get answers to your questions