We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosport will call office in London

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Cosport will call office in London

To anyone who is already in London and who plans on getting tickets at the will call office, please let us know if it was hard to find and what the experience was like. Their will call office opens this morning!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosport will call office in London

I just read this...

guardian.co.uk/sport/…

Obviously not a good sign but today is the first day.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosport will call office in London

Waiting 5+hrs to collect tickets. That's horrible!

They need to hire more staff. Why only 6 persons.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosport will call office in London

Lesser expenses mean higher profits

NYC
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosport will call office in London

Their phone never answered - only got a voice-mail system, that said I would get a response "within 24 hours" (hah...). By the afternoon in London that voice-mail box was full and was no longer taking messages. So I called their hospitality number and did get an actual live lady who listened to my problems and was moderately helpful (although audibly unhappy to be responding to ticket queries over the "accommodations line").

They say my tennis tickets are in limbo due to late delivery from LOCOG (same excuse they've been using for gymnastics and ceremonies tickets). My sister's cycling tickets were apparently never sent out, due to a "computer programming glitch" (unh-huh...). But, infuriatingly, they still can't tell you if your tickets are waiting for you at their will call office. So they apparently haven't actually sorted them and/or entered them in a system, which would explain the apparent chaos reported by the Guardian in the link Joey posted above.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 17:53
NYC
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosport will call office in London

"Waiting 5+hrs to collect tickets. That's horrible!

They need to hire more staff. Why only 6 persons."

Everyone I've spoken to there, including today, has had a vague to heavy Eastern European accent. I suspect that they haven't actually hired many people for the ticket distribution outside of the Dizdarevic relatives who work there. That really lowers the ol' overhead.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 17:55
New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cosport will call office in London

Hmm the original link has more recent news so you'll have to scroll down to read the article. From tweets in London, it looks like they are finally realizing the level of poor service Cosport has been providing. A lot of people did NOT get adjacent seats...

I found the link below which is a similar article.

standard.co.uk/olympics/olympic-news/london-…

I think the USOC will finally listen to us upon reading more similar stories from the media.

I am ok with Cosport dealing solely in hospitality packages but for individual tickets, I really think it should be centralized to the IOC.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cosport will call office in London

I just sent another complaint email to the USOC. If you feel Cosport should not serve individual ticket sales for USA for any future olympics, please do the same. They emailed me last week stating only 2% of customers complain. I think if enough customers complain, they will rethink their association with Cosport. I am actually ok if Cosport keeps its hospitality programs (I can never afford them anyway) but for individual ticket sales, Im not a fan of cosport.

USOC email: TeamUSATicketSupport@usoc.org

I attached the following media articles:

guardian.co.uk/sport/london-2012-olympics-bl…

standard.co.uk/olympics/olympic-news/london-…

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cosport will call office in London

I collected tickets on Monday from the Co-Sport "Will-Call" office. People were queuing for about 6 hours to collect tickets. "Security" was provided by, I believe, employees of Wesminister University - a thankless task. They did not know what was going on and why should they? There were representatives of Co-Sport trying to provide information but they knew very little. The whole thing was a far greater shambles than even the media has portrayed.

Ar around 3pm the queue was shut. This meant that people arriving after this time were turned away and encouraged to come back another day. OK if you lived nearby and can arrange your calendar accordingly. Not OK otherwise. Co-Sport was then offering to Fed-ex tickets. Given the debacle that was ensuing this option was not being taken up. How can one ensure that Co-Sport would deliver the tickets on time given the problems that everyone could see around them? There were lots of angry people at the Will Call office. At around 7pm a group of about 100 people refused to leave until they got their tickets. Eventually after some negotiations aided by a Co-Sport representative providing advice via a loud hailer they were allowed to join the block off queue. I do not know what time they would have been served but it would have been after 9/10pm.

Once you got to the front of the queue and were seen it became clear that they could not allocate all the orders. This meant that though some people were seen in about 10 minutes others were sitting there for a long while. Particularly if they had multiple ticket orders. I am not sure if some people actually got all their tickets after queuing for so long.

As has been highlighted actually being allocated tickets that were together is not guaranteed. My two tickets are a distance apart.

I expect today may be better. I felt sorry for the staff. Co-Sport had badly miscalculated how long it would take to serve each person and had not got enough staff. There was only about 8 people serving. I would guess they could in total serve 20-30 people an hour. So you can see if there is 200 people in a queue it will take some time to collect your tickets.

My recommendation. Arrive early. Take food, drink and a hat and most importnatly do not forget your passport and ticket confirmation form.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cosport will call office in London

Thank you for the report! I was curious because I had such a bad experience with cosport with receiving my tickets via FedEx (I chose the shipping option and paid them $35 for crappy service.)

I actually don't feel bad for the Cosport staff at all. I don't understand how they can miscalculate what happened yesterday given what happened to them two weeks ago when thousands of customers were complaining about not receiving tickets (mine arrived on July 16th and it should have arrived July 6th the latest.) In addition, thousands of people also complained about getting non-adjacent seats when they shipped the tickets to us. One would think cosport would have fixed this last week during their "moving" period to London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cosport will call office in London

I should clarify what I meant by "feeling sorry for the staff". It was fairly clear that the people in the very small "Will-Call" office were not executives of Co-Sport. I would imagine that the majority of them were students and/or contract staff probably on very low wages who probaly did not sign up to an experience that would be reported on in the global media. In fact there seemed to be no leadeship at the London office. The people in the queue were providing advice on perhaps how they should speed things up. Typically basic business principles and common sense. By about 7pm last night Co-Sport eventaully came up with the idea of collecting all the order numbers of the people in the queue so that they could be found whilst people were waiting. An idea that had somehow passed them by up to that point!

The question that needs to be asked is this. Co-Sport make a considerable profit through the ticket sales. It would seem good business practice to maintain the good will of your (temporary) staff and customers by having sufficient staff in place who can handle the inevitable queues promptly and have staff who are sufficinetly trained to address all the questions that are raised. In that way all the complaints that are currently all over the internet would not be appearing!

Get answers to your questions