We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Travel

Swansea
Level Contributor
29 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Air Travel

On my most recent trip I had to lug my case some dstance from the drop off point to the terminal-no covered walkways.The check in was the most miserable person I've met in a long time.I was then ripped off at the on site cafe for food and drink that only loosely came under that description.The security man visited parts of my person that I can't reach any more, after x- raying everything I own.Then I'm shunted from place to place to stand for God knows how long before I get on the plane.The airline food is nuked and thrown at you but you can't eat it because some mummy's little darling is jumping up and down on the seat in front and screaming blue murder.Tell me - are there any civilised airlines or do I have to wait to win the lottery and travel by private jet. Michael Winner - you lucky man!!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Travel

and the reason you don't want to share this wonderful airport and glorious airline with us is.............

Swansea
Level Contributor
29 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Travel

Cardiff Wales airport UK/ Thomas Cook Airline.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Travel

I believe that the recent Which? report rated Thomas Cook Airline as the very worst of the short-haul carriers, worse even than Ryanair.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Travel

IMHO all air travel has become a huge ordeal! So, as I've gotten older I am traveling less and less by air.

Swansea
Level Contributor
29 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Travel

Well, we have decided to travel less in future as we seem to be paying good money to be treated like cattle.I didn't name the organisations at first to save them embarrasment but the I thought of the embarrasment they caused me of releiving me of my hard earned money..

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Travel

Writing on this forum, if you are an OAP, you can probably plan months ahead. If so consider using scheduled flights from Birmingham or London.

The scheduled operators are more comfortable and usually quite a bit cheaper.

A distance to travel, but with the M4 or M5 not out of the question.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,184 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Travel

Fly one of several good Asian airlines and you will love the service and the destinations:

Thai Airways

Singapore Air *

Korean Air

Asiana Air *

Cathay Pacific

Malaysian Air

EVA Air

* especially good

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Travel

Have you considered coach travel? Some companies actually collect passengers from their homes and I believe that all now include porterage throughout so you would never be expected to heave your luggage from place to place. Furthermore, you would not have to endure security checks and searches.

It might be worth investigating this further now that Air Travel is getting more and more stressful .

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Travel

<<< The security man visited parts of my person that I can't reach any more >>>

Hope he confirmed the parts are still there.

Cheers.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Travel

And how about the train? www.seat61.com can help you get anywhere by train. You could start by going to Paris, Lille or Brussels by Eurostar. You should be able to get through ticketing from Swansea. See the Welsh, English, French and maybe the Belgian countryside (as well as the inside of the tunnel).

Get answers to your questions