We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior Travelling Solo

Abingdon, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Senior Travelling Solo

I am 62 years old and looking to go to the best place in the Caribbean for single seniors. I probably want an all inclusive. Anyone out there have any suggestions....

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,758 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

Hmm? I'm your age but the Caribbean doesn't call to me so cannot help.

Perhaps ask your question in the local forums for islands that interest you.

There's also some info on the Solo Traveler forum.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,758 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

I found this old thread in the general Caribbean forum.

It may help get you started:

tripadvisor.com/…34137681

Illinois City...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

I'm taking a solo on Norwegian Cruise Epic to the Caribbean. They have studio cabins for solo travelers. You might want to check that out.

Ohakune, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

I'm very keen to visit Antartica before I get too much older (65 now). I have some physical issues, had replacement knee surgery 2 years ago and hips are a bit arthritic. Having said that I'm not ready for a Zimmer frame just yet! Any ideas re senior travel to this are would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

South London
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

Perhaps somewhere like StLucia or St Kitts and Nevis which in my experience houses less 'lively' resorts (than say Jamaica or Barbados)

6. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2011, 13:53
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

Try typing 'A touch of class' into Google and you'll come up with a webpage for Count Kalnoky in Roumania. They do all inclusive holidays and really look after you, the food is delicious, the weather is excellent and the scenery magnificent. Its a little expensive but well worth it. I'm 73 and have arthritis but coped well with the trips and expeditions to Dracula's castle and the Pied Piper caves at Almasch. We had picnics and meals under the vines - it was delightful. I'd go again if I could afford it.

I went to Agadir in Morocco in March last year, Morocco might seem a strange place to go to as a solo female but the people couldn't have been kinder for more friendly. There is no hostility to westerners or females (unless you're young and drunk and not wearing much in the way of clothing - when they might look at you with contempt).

I went to the hotel Sud Bahir which got a poor write up on here, but as its only 3* (read 2* for Moroccco) you got what you paid for and the staff were friendly and helpful with trips and where to shop. This year in October I'm going to Tunisia, near MOnastir and really looking forward to it but a friend is coming too this time.

Wherever you go, enjoy!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

Travelbee, resorts are usually welcome kids or they don't. These, adults only, resorts would be best for you.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

For the OP in post #4 I'm sorry to tell you that I did a bit of research about physical requirements for Antartica and, based on my own physical condition I'm sorry to tell you that I think you have missed your window of travel opportunity for this particular destination. See what a few companies note as requirements and I think you'll come to this same conclusion. It's a shock isn't it? I know....

Ohakune, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Senior Travelling Solo

Thank you for that. I' m coming to that viewpoint myself noI'll take another look at an Alaskan cruise.