We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance

Alberta
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance

Is AMA travel a good choice?

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance

i have used SECURIGLOBE for my travel insurance and have found them to be an excellent choice.

central texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance

I don't recommend Allianz for travel insurance. I purchased it for a December trip, which was changed due to my mother's hospitalization. They denied the claim because it was a "pre-existing medical condition." The contract only generally stated that pre-existing medical conditions are excluded; but, I would never have concluded that a hospitalizationresulting from the condition would also be excluded. Lesson learned. I have used TravelGuard with success when my mother in law was hospitalized. I provided the required documents and they paid immediately for the cost of flight, cruise, hotels, etc. So, I would definitely recommend TravelGuard, but not Allianz.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance

I go to squaremouth.com to find out which is the best for me for particular trips. They rank them according to your criteria. I have a trip to Africa scheduled in July and it turned out that Travel Insured worked best. I think a different one came up when I went to AU last year. Anyway, this one gives me pre-existing coverage if I pay for it within three weeks of initial booking of flights/hotels.

Amelia Island...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance

Travel insurance is a type of insurance that cover the medical expenses and financial losses that could arise while you are traveling. It can be purchased for trips of any length (be it five days or five months), and can be tailored to your specific needs. Travel insurance is typically sold as either: a package plan or a travel medical plan.

Source- www.travelinsurance.org/

Amelia Island...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance

Travel insurance is a type of insurance that cover the medical expenses and financial losses that could arise while you are traveling. It can be purchased for trips of any length (be it five days or five months), and can be tailored to your specific needs. Travel insurance is typically sold as either: a package plan or a travel medical plan.

Source- www.travelinsurance.org/

Edited: 28 April 2012, 08:23
6. Re: Travel Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 May 2012, 11:35
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,468 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Insurance

I use Direct Travel insurance when I go away. They are excellent on pre-existing conditions (which I have a few!) and you can access them through the Quidco.com website and get cashback too! Its all done on line to get the cashback and even the pre-existing conditions is all dealt with on line too.

Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Insurance

I am a Professional Tour Operator, and I am also certified in the state of Illinois to sell travel insurance, i recommend it to all my Customers, that being said, i only sell one brand, TravelGaurd, I have filed hundreds of claims, ranging from a single customer breaking his hip, to a whole group of 50 people being stranded in a city due to weather, and i have never had a moments trouble with them, I have even had customers with "other" insurance who have been denied a claim that my customers were easily accepted for.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Insurance

I wonder if people could help please.

I am 66 (DoB 27/08/45) my wife is under 60. For the last 8 years we have had multitrip travel insurance, this included USA for one 90 day stay per year, we normally go to Florida March and return end of May. However my current insurance company have told me due to my age 66 they are unable to insure for 90 days in the USA any longer. Since I have had this insurance no claims have been made whatsoever.

I have one medical condition that has been declared COPD, not serious at all but as the my Doctor told me I have it thought I should declare it.

Can anybody recommend any insurance companies I might try please.

Many thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,468 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Insurance

I've never had to get insurance for longer than 30 days in Australia so not sure if the company I use, Direct Travel would be able to help but they are very good on pre-existing conditions.