We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globus bus tour USA National Parks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Globus bus tour USA National Parks

How does Globus compare with Tauck Tours? The Globus itnerary suited us better. We consider ourselves 'active seniors' who like a mixed age group to travel with.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,439 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

Globus is the upper end side of their company. Brennan is even higher. Tauck tends to emphasize the hotels where Cosmos-globus empahasize the sightseeing. They are one of the top three tour operators. With National Parks it sometimes sounds glamourous to stay in Park lodges, but most were built in the depression so they aren't always 'top end'. Location of hotels are pretty critical so once you determine where you'll be staying I like to check TA for reviews.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

"The Globus itinerary suited us better. "

I don't know the difference in the two trips but imo the itinerary is the most important part of your trip.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

So to help you narrow it down I am going to suggest that you also look at Insight Vacations....lol. Here you will have the better hotels but also 'business class' style coach seats if they have the same style for the US Parks as they do for Europe. Just check and make sure. And, Tauck is great but still have the oldest folks traveling in general, a good thing since we all hope to grow old right?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

We are seniors (67/68) and I have mild mobility issues. we need a comfortable tour leaving from LasV heading north West to Seattle region.(to meet unmet family). We'd like to do Grand Canyon on the way. No adventure big walks possible unless there is shopping rest places for me and my husband can do more. We dont want to pay though for me sitting in or beside a bus because I cant manage the activity. We'd appreciate advice as this is our fist visit to US from Australia Thankyou Ronda

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,946 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

Hi RondaPem,

I advise you to repost your question as a new thread because it is different from what is being discussed here and folks may not see it.

IF you click on Ask a Question on the top of this page you can put your question there.

The Grand Canyon is not in a NW direction from Las Vegas and I am not sure there are tours from Las Vegas that go up to Seattle but I will look around.

It sounds like you have some very specific needs and so perhaps if you and your husband would make a list of some of the places you'd like to visit along the way we could help you plan a trip of your own using a combination of tours and other transportation along the way.]

As I see it now you'd have to combine several tours offered to get to the NW from Las Vegas. Here is a sample of what Tauck has to offer:

tauck.com/tours/…western-usa-travel.aspx

Edited: 13 February 2013, 14:32
6. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 16:35
7. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 16:35
Tequesta, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

Do you have a trip that goes to yellow stone and finishes lasvegas

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

James W....who are you directing this to? Trip Advisor is a Forum for travel advise...not a tour company.

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Globus bus tour USA National Parks

Heard of some not so great experiences on one of the Globus Naional Parks tours. Has anyone taken the 11 day America"s National Parks tour by Globus? How would you rate it? I only could find 2 reviews online.

Get answers to your questions