We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

South Wales
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

Hello,

I'm attempting to book some form of accom in Wellington for the opening weekend 9th - 12th Sep to watch Wales v Boks but am running into brick walls. I understand that the main hospitality arm of RWC have block booked hotels etc but they have to release unsold rooms for sale to the general public fairly soon?

I've mailed the Wellington Tourist Board for info without response but I imagine they're inundated. Does anyone have any info on release of rooms or has anyone out there had any success, if so any tips would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

Are you prepared to stay in the suburbs and commute into the city by bus or train. If so I can check out the local motels to ascertain what accomodation they have. My suburb is Johnsonville which is 10km north of Wellington on the train.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 03:35
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

We booked a cottage in Paekakariki for 3 nights through holidayhomes.co.nz for 3 nights for the AUS/USA game in Wellington. The hosts told us it's about a 30min train ride into town. We've found most of our accomodations through this website and pretty much have everything booked for next year.

South Wales
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

Thanks for the responses folks, very much appreciated. Had a response from the tourist board which was encouraging. Rest of my party are hoping to stay within the city, have told them to expect inflated prices as it's the RWC after all.

I think I'll try and talk them round so may be in touch again beanb, and cheers PT, the website is a good find as well so thanks, hope you enjoy the trip a much as I'm planning too!

Most of my trip is sorted, just got a few things to sort to bring it all together.

Level Contributor
17 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

ve booked into this accomodation, it has good trip reviews and is a reasonable price.

Mark & Lorraine Cunneen

Capital View Motor Inn

12 Thompson Street

WELLINGTON

Ph / Fax : 04 385 0515

Freephone : 0800 438 505

accommodation@capitalview.co.nz

www.capitalview.co.nz

http://avclip.yellow.co.nz/media/48

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

Look at www.roomsdirect.co.nz

They have many options for the dates that you require, some quite central but many a little out of the centre of wellington.

6. Re: Wellington Accomodation - RWC 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions