We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for one week to spend between Utah and June Lake!

Orem, Utah
5 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for one week to spend between Utah and June Lake!

Newbie here!

Husband, myself and our one (Weimaraner - mid-size) dog are *finally* taking some time off work: the last week of June. Extended family is camping in June Lake the weekend of the 20th and we want to plan around that - staying with them Saturday and Sunday, then continuing on our own adventures for the next week. We'll be driving from Utah County and need to be back by Sunday the 29th.

I'd love suggestions for us! We don't mind a few-hours drive but don't want to be in the car the entire time. Looking at surrounding areas from Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, Big Sur, Fresno. Prefer places where the dog isn't restricted to a leash or crate 100% of the time (i.e. most National Parks are out). Husband is the camping lover and I wouldn't mind some wine-tasting/arts/tourist and city-type stuff, so a healthy combo of both is really ideal. ;-) We both love music with all our souls - a jazz, folk, or indie night would be amazing. Maybe mostly hiking and trails, but a night or two at a dog-friendly hotel in a lively town?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

1. Re: Ideas for one week to spend between Utah and June Lake!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:16