We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet passport - Croatia

Stockport, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet passport - Croatia

Can anyone help me?

We are thinking of travelling to Croatia in a few weeks time. Our dog has a pet passport issued in the UK and I am not sure if we can use this now Croatia has entered the EU?

Any advice would be massively helpful.

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet passport - Croatia

I think you probably can, but ring the helpline

https:/…pet-travel-scheme-helpline

And read this

bva-awf.org.uk/sites/bva-awf.org.uk/files/us…

Stockport, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet passport - Croatia

Many thanks Essex Wanderer - will give them a bell and check. Our border collie and the Adriatic are keen to meet!

Verwood, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet passport - Croatia

A pet passport issued in the UK is the same as an EU pet passport, and will be fine for Croatia. I work for a pet shipping agency and so advise on pet travel to many destinations :)

Alton, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet passport - Croatia

And I've been to Croatia with my dog (he's been to 28 countries in Europe, bless him!) and can confirm, there are zero issues if you have a standard UK pets passport.

Depending on the time of year, you might want to get a sand fly collar for the dog (ask your vet). If you're camping, most campsites accept dogs.....but there are an occasional few who don't!

Stockport, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet passport - Croatia

Thanks to you all for the advice - we're booked in now on the island of cres!

6. Re: Pet passport - Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16