We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

Navan, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

Be wary if you're writing a review on The Kitchen in Trim Co Meath. I wrote an honest review here and the owner sent me abusive and threatening messages on my personal Facebook page. The owner Derek Allen told me "to watch out" and that I "messed with the wrong person". Disgusting behaviour. Has anyone any similar stories?

6 replies to this topic
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

I'm guessing this is in Ireland? I think your post would be better suited for that area, or in the Trip Advisor feedback forum.

Sorry you had that experience! I would make sure to report this to Trip Advisor and Facebook.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

Yes, this Food and Travel forum isn’t the best place for an issue like that. You may have been better to ask for help on the members Support forum. As I help out over there I know how you can report that to TripAdvisor staff. Open this link below and follow the instructions I give below the link - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/GeneralSuppor…

-open that link, scroll down and on the second menu box scroll right through the options and click on Questions about Guidelines.

-ignore the articles and scroll down to the comments box.

-type in what happened and tell staff which business. Maybe give a link to your review. Say that you feel that abuse and threats isn’t appropriate against reviewers.

-Tripadvisor staff could reply by email in a few days.

Not sure if staff can take action as he contacted you outside of Tripadvisor. If owners abuse people via Private Message on here they can take action.

Did you call the police and report the threat? That would have been the first action I would take.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

This might be useful in future and help you navigate TripAdvisor and get help if you have review problems again:-

Every city, region, Island and country has its own travel forum on here. Plus there are other Beyond Destination forums on travel topics and themes, plus the members helping other members Support forum for review issues, information about Guidelines, listing businesses and help using this website. Here's the forums homepage link to save or bookmark - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

You can search for a specific forum by clicking on the magnifying glass search icon at the top right side of this website page. Then on the search bar - left side type in 'Forum' and on the right side replace "World" with a city name. The forum pages are best viewed on the full website, not the limited Tripadvisor APP. Or often it’s easier to go to Google and type in a city or country name and the words forum Tripadvisor, eg. Berlin forum TripAdvisor or Northern Ireland forum Tripadvisor.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
20,293 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

I am with Avanti on this in regards to calling Law enforcement authorities. I've been to Trim a number of times, including fairly recently, thou I have not been to the cafe this thread is about.

Kesh_grammy

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,394 posts
1,670 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

As stated above, the two best places to post of this, would be the TA Support Forum, and then to the Destination Forum, where the restaurant is located.

Best of luck,

Hunt

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim

<<sent me abusive and threatening messages on my personal Facebook page.>>

I suggest you tighten up your fb security not to allow anyone to send you or post messages on your personal fb page other than your trusted friends. That way the owner can only reply to your review on TA which is visible to everyone.

Reply to: Abusive messages sent after review of Cafe in Trim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions