We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for tall adults

Uxbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for tall adults

I am looking for accommodation (preferably Self catering), next year for 3 extra tall adult people, 6ft plus. Where do people recommend, either UK or Abroad, with a water park if possible or a quieter location with access to pool or games facilities, (teenagers with activity needs!). Recent places have family facilities / beds but they tend to be for younger, shorter people, far too small for us! Budget for say 7 days about £800 max, plus allow accommodation with medium sized dog. (Collie).

Thanks for any help. CMPB7

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,781 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for tall adults

Welcome.......Your question has been here a couple of days with no answer, but its a difficult one ...I wish I could help, but I have no idea how or where to find self catering accommodation that has beds to fit "extra tall adult people" , as you say, (and a dog as well).......I can only suggest you look for self catering accommodation, as usual, and when you find something youd consider booking, ask the owner/renter first if their beds would accommodate you, and they also accept dogs

Here on TripAdvisor every Forum has a Vacation Rental listing section you can look at...Other sites might incl Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, Holiday Lettings....

Good luck, hope you find what youre looking for

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for tall adults

With a budget of £800 for a family of three and a dog, your choices are limited to the UK and Ireland.

Self catering would seem your best bet, particularly those properties which permit dogs.

Your options could include holiday mobile homes sites. Some of these now have lodges or chalets, which although more expensive, can be larger with proper adult sized beds. Haven Holidays seem to have a variety of accommodation options, but you'd need to contact them directly to check their dog policy.

Another companies to look at is ukparks.com and centreparcs.co.uk

I have no personal experience of these companies, but friends have and were satisfied.

Uxbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for tall adults

Thank you for your replies. We went to Haven for a long weekend in October, yes the site accepted dogs, but the 2 single beds for my 2 6ft young chaps didn't work, they ended up sleeping in the lounge area, one on the floor! Our double adult bed was also a bit short both in length and width! We are still looking for 2018, maybe there are a few tall people on TA who have similar issues, love to know where you stay!

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for tall adults

I think that many lodges/cabins don't have particularly spacious beds. The place I was going to recommend is this one. https://www.bainland.co.uk/

It's a lodge park in Lincolnshire. It used to be a touring caravan park when we visited. Haven't seen the lodges so can't comment, but the area is nice and there are things to see and do.

I tried to look on the website but it's hard to work out the bed sizings. The singles do look like the tiny singles designed for 6 year olds.

Your other option is to just book a private cottage - but then you might not have the sports facilities you request.

How about camping? In a tent. At least you can have room to spread out?

Uxbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for tall adults

Hello Anne, Thanks for your useful info. I browsed quickly the Bainland site, but will look into it a bit more later on. Depending on the time we all go, prices etc, if a lodge meets our requirements then we could possibly stretch the budget a bit more. As long as the facilities are good for the teen boys, we could also go out from the site etc. Tents and camping is not really on, can't put the dog in safely for any length of time, especially if the humans want to go out for a couple of hours! Regards. Pat B

Reply to: Accommodation for tall adults
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted