We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate check jogging stroller?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gate check jogging stroller?

I am travelling from Atlanta to San Juan, PR on my way to Anegada with my 7 month old.

Does anyone know whether I may use my BOB SUV jogging stroller in the airport and gate check it?

The jogging stroller will be great on the beach, but I'm afraid it may be too large for the airport. Any tips? Thanks.

1. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2012, 22:50
Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

You might try this post in the Airtravel forum and get more responses. Good luck calling the airline to ask, the last two flights I have had and have called with questions I ended up on hold waiting to talk to a real person forever (Delta and United).

We were debating what stroller to take on our upcoming vacation and ended up buying a Chicco travel stroller. It is basically an umbrella stroller with extras and is more sturdy. It was pretty inexpensive and came with its own travel back for the gate checking. Since it was cheap if it gets damaged in the luggage hold it will not be as big of a loss. We haven't used it for travel yet but have tried it out at the mall a couple times and like it. We are traveling with our son (9 months) for the first time. Lets both hope for safe happy flights.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

CM, we'd like to take the jogging stroller because it should be usable on the beach. As you saw, I have posted to the other forum. Waiting to talk a Delta representative in Bangalore sounds particularly frustrating. I'm sure someone has attempted to bring one of these things through security. I hope I'll hear from whoever that is before we go. Thanks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

Beach Bob-

We have flown with our strollers many times.Be advised that they are not gentle with them when putting them on the aircraft and we have had quite a few 'injuries' to our strollers. We now also use a cheap one in the airport. I tell you this as I know jogging strollers are pricey-- if you are willing to take the risk, I don't think you'll have a problem. We have travelled with our double stroller (it got damaged as well by the way!) and had no problems. As long as it folds up- should be ok.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

Kate, just to be clear, you were able to get the jogging stroller through security and gate checked it? Thanks for your help. Bob

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

I've done it this way:

Tell the check-in counter staff there is a stroller to be handover at the boarding gate. The staff will attach a luggage label similar to other luggages. But of course you can keep it until at the boarding gate and you can use it in the airside restricted area.

At the boarding gate, the staff will collect the stroller and put it in the luggage compartment with other checked luggages.

Upon arrival, you get back the stroller at the arrival gate upon presentation of the luggage reclaim tag.

But it depends on whether a particular airline has this service or not !! So please as your airline.

7. Re: Gate check jogging stroller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:28