We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Paris Itenary

Level Contributor
17 posts
Swiss Paris Itenary

Dear All,

Sharing my rough itinerary. I shall be traveling with my 13-year-old daughter and seek the best possible suggestions and transfers. Day 1: 11th June *Airport Transfers (BOOK CAB) around 9.30 am

Hotel (1N): Crowne Plaza Zurich- move to the hotel and keep your luggage by 10 /10.30 am. –

*Crown Plaza to Rhine Falls ( travel*)

*(FIFA museum tickets to be booked) Adult CHF 26. Kid - CHF 15

Evening – Bahnhofstrasse street. Check for Sprungli and buy chocolate. Check for coopcity to buy safety pins.

Day 2: 12th June - Lindt Chocolate factory ( opens at 10 am) * to be booked

Adult 17 Child 10

10am -12noon at Lindt choco. Lunch and go to the hotel to pick up luggage.

Check out and take the train to Lucerne around 2/2.30 (approx 45 min).

Hotel Ibis style Lucerne City by 4 pm.

Walk to Chapel Bridge

LÖWENDELKMAL - Lion Monument is within walking distance

Walk to the Lake

Day 3: 13th June - Mt. Titlis (Engelberg) for breathtaking views. (* Titlis to be booked)

Titlis to Engelberg Train :

*Check for free bus service timings

(It takes 45 min to reach Engelberg from Lucerne. Check your train connections on

the local SBB train website. If you are not from Switzerland and have a Swiss

Travel Pass, the train fare to Engelberg is included. A short 10-minute walk from the

Engelberg train station will bring you to Mount Titlis Cable Car station. Or if you are

on time, hop on the free shuttle bus.)

Titlis Cliff Walk - home to Europe’s highest suspension bridge. Exit the cable car and

take the lift to level 5. This brings you to the outside area where the skiing

starts, a terrace with epic views awaits and the eternal snow invites a snowball

fight. Walk towards the chairlift and you will find the entry to the pedestrian bridge

at 3041 metres above sea level which measures 91 metres.

Engelberg to Lucerne train:

Day 4 14th :

Lucerne to Lugano (* shopping at fox town)

Train from Lucerne to Lugano -

Lugano to Fox town -

Fox town to Lugano station -

Lugano to Lucerne -

Day 5 15th: Morning early morning - Train to Zurich ( 1 hr 10 mins), went to the football museum

Day 5:

Day 6: 16th June 1 N Zermatt Hotel: Excelsior Travel to Zermatt (Glacier Express) a car-free village at the foot of the Matterhorn.

Morning - explore nearby

Travel to Andermatt ( 55 min distance)

Andermatt to Zermatt train at 3.08 (Glacier Express) – Do check the timings of the Glacier Express and the time it takes

Day 7: 17th Check out (early morning) from Zermatt and travel to Montreux *

Take an early train from Zermatt to Montreux and drop your bags at the hotel and then travel to Bern in the second half from Montreux as the distance from Bern to Montreux is just over an hour.

Day 8: 18th - Chocolate Train at 9.50 am and return 5.15 pm

Explore nearby

Day 9: Glacier 3000 Day trip

Check for connectivity from Montreux

Day 10: 20th June Check out from Montreux – Geneva – Paris

Check into the hotel In Paris. Dream Castle Paris

Evening – La Ville village

Day 11: 21st June Disneyland – Please go early so that you can get to visit most of the rides. There will be long queues. Opt for an express pass if you can.

Day 12: 22nd June Disneyland 1⁄2 day.

Check out and move to the other side of town. Grand Hotel Nouvel Opera

Eve – River cruise

Day 13: 23rd June Morning -Goyard store

Afternoon – Eiffel Tower and Louvre – The best view and route for the Eiffel is Trocadero station square and walk to the Eiffel (if you are going up the tower). The view of the tower is also very good from the river cruise.

Day 14: 24th June Sightseeing (hop on bus) and eve flight at 8.20 (* so need to reach airport by 5.20pm)

* Airport Transfers

8 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
49,569 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

Day Two...

Lindt Chocolate Factory

I havent been myself, but know people who have and they highly recommend it. They had a wonderful time there.

It's a very popular attraction and so tickets do sell out Its recommended to buy them in advance online. They are timed entry tickets.

You can read about it here , in the Tripadvisor Reviews that lve linked for you below

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1079187-d20379233-Reviews-Lindt_Home_of_Chocolate-Kilchberg.html

Edited: 14 May 2024, 15:30
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,569 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
2. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

Your Day 13 in Paris...

I've noticed that you're planning on visiting both the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre in one afternoon. From personal experience, I feel that that is just too rushed. You could easily spend hours at the Louvre alone, and there are always lineups to get in. Same thing with the Eiffel Tower, so I would not try to combine the two of those in a couple of hours in one afternoon.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,569 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

As for your itinerary in general, l would post it on the Tripadvisor " Destination" Forums section....

Switzerland and France have their own DESTINATION Forums, here on Tripadvisor, along with local members and local destination Experts who give travel advice about their own cities daily...

The Experts for Switzerland and France (Paris) do not look at this Forum as a rule, so youre missing out on getting local Experts advice by not posting on the best Forums

Linking to Tripadvisor Switzerland Destination Forum

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g188045-i336-o92640-Switzerland.html

Also linking to Tripadvisor, Paris Destination Forum

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187147-i14-o20-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Have a great trip!

Edited: 14 May 2024, 15:46
Level Contributor
17 posts
4. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

Thanks a ton for sending the links. Big big help.

Level Contributor
17 posts
5. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

Thanks for the suggestion. Shall look at it on two seperate days.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,569 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
6. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

You are more than welcome!

If l may make a suggestion on your time in Paris

1. I like to do the HOHO Bus Tours on the first day or so that I arrive in a new city. I find these tours give you a very good overview of the entire city and let you see all different points of interest and neighbourhoods, so that if you find that you really like one in particular you can go back and visit it in more depth at a later day.

2. Try to visit the Montmartre area of Paris if possible. You can get a fabulous view of the city of Paris from high up on the hill if you go visit the Sacre Coeur Basilica .. One of my favourite areas of Paris, it's a don't miss in my opinion

Edited: 14 May 2024, 17:31
Level Contributor
17 posts
7. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

Thanks for the recommendation

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,569 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
8. Re: Swiss Paris Itenary

Shrrutz

Youre welcome

Reply to: Swiss Paris Itenary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.