We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation

cincy
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
family vacation

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go for a fun family vacation that includes kids ages 14 to 9. We want everyone to have fun and where the kids are kept busy!!

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
655 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation

Give us a little more detail about your familie's interests and we can be more helpful. Where do you live, do you want to fly or drive? Be on the coast or inland? Sometimes a really vague question like this can discourage some from posting suggestions because they have no idea what your familiy likes and dislikes.

-Janna

cincy
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation

Travelerfromcincy is from the greater cincinnati area. We would like to travel this summer somewhere in the caribbean. The kids have only been to Florida for our summer vacations, so we would like to take them somewhere different. We were even considering a cruise. I am more of a beach person.

I welcome your suggestions!!!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family vacation

Our family really enjoys Club Med - it is all inclusive with so many activities for the kids and relaxation or activities for the adults. Our kids ditched us once we got there as they had sooo much fun with their new friends and the activities they could do (including sailing, flying trapeze, swimming, hip hop and more). The Beaches Resorts are also another option.

If you want something different - look into Costa Rica - you have a little bit of everything - Volcanos, beaches, rain forest and more.

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
655 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family vacation

Oooooh, Costa Rica is fabulous but it's not for the travel-novice. Travel can be a bit tricky here. For example, I would highly recommend Americans NOT drive. They have the worst road system I've ever seen. Roads not marked, roads go from paved to not paved then back to paved. I would highly recommend their public bus system for travel. When I went there on two extended trips 10 years ago I was traveling with one or two friends but not kids. Maybe renting a house in a couple of different locations would be nice? It is truly a spectacular country and I felt fairly safe while traveleing. Both coasts have much to offer but very different offerings.

For families, we enjoy the higher-end timeshare properties like Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt or Fairfield. These place often offer two bedroom master suites and there are sometimes so many amenities onsite, it can save money because you don't have to go looking every day for money costing activities.

Hawaii is very nice for families and has lots of timeshare properties to check out. Western Canada is very beautiful and has lots of outdoor activities for a family. California always has lots to offer, particularly San Diego.

-Janna

Palm Coast, FL
Level Contributor
102 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family vacation

A couple years ago, I took my son to Beaches Negril in Jamaica. It is all-inclusive, and we had a fabulous time. There is plenty to do - beautiful beach, pools, waterslides, lazy river, playground, minigolf, kids clubs, teen activities, and lots of food. I would love to visit Beaches Turks & Caicos one day, as it looks to be bigger than Beaches Negril.

6. Re: family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 02:17