We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation to the US

CLOVERDALE
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
family vacation to the US

Help! i just want a relaxing vacation with a beach and lots of activities to keep my 8 yr old boy busy during the day - somewhere warm in the USA! we are flying out of vancouver and this will be in mid-august...your recommendations are GREATLY appreciated

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation to the US

Hmm... I would recommend Santa Monica (good beach, shopping, and many places to visit in nearby area), San diego/Coranado, and lastly maybe Miami.

CLOVERDALE
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation to the US

great, thanks a lot, i will look into!

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family vacation to the US

We had a family reunion at Myrtle Beach last July and it was a wonderful place. Plenty of things to do for everyone. We usually go to Panama City, Florida, but wanted to try something different this time. Panama City Beach is great, but much more quiet in the summer time than Myrtle Beach.

Southern California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: family vacation to the US

SAN DIEGO..

WARM WATER, BEACHES, AWSOME ANIMAL PARKS for your boy..so muc to do with great weather and beaches

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family vacation to the US

Have you considered Las Vegas? Its warm, no beaches but plenty of swimming pools. Pretty hot in mid-August, but establishments have great air-conditioning.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family vacation to the US

I'd second San Diego.

Plenty to do with Balboa Park, Sea World, the zoo, Wild Animal Park etc plus the obvious lure of the beach.

Had a great time there a few years ago with my son when he was about 10 yrs old.

ebabe

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family vacation to the US

Another vote for San Diego.

Iowa City
Level Contributor
887 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family vacation to the US

Yes,San Diego-you have everything,in a city that is easy to get around,and no where as expensive as,say New York City. That has been ourfamily vacation destination,oh yes,you can also include Disney Land,even Universal Studio,to the attractions.

USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: family vacation to the US

It depends on what your son is looking for.

You may not like florida because it tends to get /very/ humid in the summertime. You could go to Disney Land in Anaheim, California. There are many attractions and activites for children around your son's age.

Remember, you don't want it too warm. It can also get pretty warm in the Midwestern area of the United States, because I live in that area (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, etc.)

You might also consider New Mexico or Arizona. It is beautiful there, and it doesn't get humid.

10. Re: family vacation to the US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 21:16