We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic

Anyone try Hotwire for car rentals? Just curious if anyone has had any problems with them? They offer great rates so I'm wondering what the catch is.

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire

I have used hotwire a few times(5)never had any problem.Have a great trip.

clayton, california
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire

I used Hotwire for a Budget car rental. Good price, but I couldn't get frequent flyer miles (with Southwest) through Budget.

Belmont, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire

Hi Patty,

I have used them. They do have good rates, though they don't always offer the best rates you can find on the rental companies own sites, so make sure you check.

You also cannot cancel your reservation, so you pay whether you use it or not. And if a deal does come up, you cannot change.

4. Re: Hotwire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 17:20