We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

Cincinnati
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

I want to surprise my mom with a 3-4 day getaway for all she does for my family. I'm 29 and she is 54. Her favorite thing ... shopping. I just went to NYC so I'd like to think of somewhere else. Never been to the Caribbean ... not sure which cruise to look at (western/eastern/southern). Remember, her favorite thing ... still shopping. :-) THANK YOU for any advice you can give!!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

How far are you willing to go? Budget? Cruises are great - but not for shopping :) How about San Francisco? Stay in Union Square, good food, good sight seeing and good shopping.

Or how about a resort in Scottsdale, AZ?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
27 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

I would suggest that you try not to have all your time taken up by traveling to get there. Get a direct flight if you can. One suggestion that feeds into the shopping is The Palm Beach, West Palm Beach & Delray Beach area. Palm Beach has Worth Ave. West Palm has City Place which offers a beautiful setting, great shops and resturants. It also has a Trolley you can hop on and it will take you to downtown West Palm (Clematis street) For a Beach flavor head alittle south, to Delray. More shops and resturants...all these places are eye candy, Palm trees, flowers & fountains and the ocean to relax a bit should you need too. Have fun enjoy each other, your a good daughter !

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

If you are traveling in the summer, I would suggest Chicago. It has every store you could desire (ok there isn't INKS from Paris) but she would be very busy shopping and could find deals; the restaurants are great and you could catch a few theatres in the evening. Best thing is cheap & quick transportation for Cincinnati to Chicago. And if it's summer we have a beach too but you could always look into an Oprah show.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

How about the Mall of America in Minneapolis?

Otherwise, I'd say a cruise might be alot of fun, and for those who say it's not the place for shopping, I'd agree, other than discounts you can get at the duty free shops on things like perfumes, and jewelry.

5. Re: Destinations for mother/daughter getaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 02:16