We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where tp stay in Los Angeles please

Canberra
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where tp stay in Los Angeles please

Our family (2adults and kids aged 10 and 14 yrs) is spending 3 days in LA after spending 1 week in Anahiem to do Disney. In LA we want to do Hollywood Studios, Beverly Hill homes tour etc all the tourist things we can fit into 3 days. Where should we stay? beach? in town? Hollywood? Beverly Hills? We will be doing most of our sightseeing via bus tours.

Thanks for your help

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where tp stay in Los Angeles please

imo with kids 10 & 14 - 1 week in Anaheim is too long. You can easily get through Disneyland in two days and Cal Adventure in 1 day. It is much smaller than Disney World in Orlando.

Santa Monica is a wonderful place to stay with the pier and boardwalk there. You can rent bikes or rollerblades and head up or down the boardwalk. There is also a good variety of restaurants and shopping there. However, it is not convenient to other attractions if you will not be driving.

If you are relying on public transportation - I would look into staying in Hollywood. If you go to the LA forum - there is a lot of good information already posted on the Hollywood hotels.

I am assuming you mean Universal Studios (an easy 1 stop subway ride from Hollywood). Also note that unlike US in Oralndo - there are only a couple of rides. If your family is interested in the backlot tour - you might also want to consider doing the WB tour or one of the other studio tours instead.

Have a great trip and happy planing.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where tp stay in Los Angeles please

I would certainly not stay in Anaheim for so long. Disney at most is 2-3 days max. It's not too big, and your kids may get bored after 7 days at Disney. I think three days would be good enough, and then...

I would also suggest that you rent a car to see places. There are many cities that would be exciting to visit: Santa Monica, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Laguna Niguel, and more! Your kids would definitely enjoy being at those places instead of just being at Disney for 7 days. In addition, there is a lot of different food to try out in LA- I think you'll like it. Seeing the various features of LA and other cities is a very fun and entertaining thing to do.

It really doesn't matter on where you stay- but you may like Beverly Hills or the beach better. It really just depends if you like the hotel decor and if the area is safe (don't go for the budget stuff- stay in the main brands. Some places can be scary or not so great).

Hope this helps and have a fun trip!

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where tp stay in Los Angeles please

We stayed at the |Orchid Suites in the Hollywood area for a few nights. It's behinf Manns Theatre. Clean accommodation, secure parking and close for you to do the things that you have mentioned. We had a suite overlooking the pool so the kids could swim whilst we "supervised" from a distance. When we went to Universal Studios we paid an additional fee for VIP entrance - it was well worth the extra as it basically meant that we did'nt line up at all - we were simply waved through the VIP entrance at all the different venues within the park.

4. Re: Where tp stay in Los Angeles please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 12:19