We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

I know how hard these kinds of questions are to answer, but I'm going to give it a shot:

We are a family with 3 children (ages 13, 4, 2)

We will be traveling with our babysitter.

We have a very specific two week window to travel (July 7th - 20th).

We want the Caribbean / DR / Turks & Caicos.

We want AI - - (drinks/kids club included)

We need two rooms (one of the rooms for the babysitter and the 3 children).

Our main reason and wishes for the trip:

~laidback beach time

~need calm water

~good food (we don't need amazing food, but it needs to not be subpar)

~decent kids activities . . . most of the time they'll be with the babysitter or us

~waterslide/waterpark at the resort would be a HUGE plus

We want to stay between 5-7 nights.

I know - it's a crazy tall order . . . anyone have any help for us? I'm way overwhelmed with trying to find places with decent pricing - then as I go to look at reviews and such, I just start to get way lost!

THANKS in advance! TA has never let us down before!

The Hatt clan from Ohio . . .

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

I guess it would help to have pricing guidelines, eh?

We need for our airfare and lodging to be under $8k.

tillsonburg
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

Hello

If Mexico is open to you, I would recommend the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. It really doesn't have calm waters on the beach, but the beach is really nice.

They have a great kids club with a good play ground equipment and it has a little pool. they have a lazy river and a wave pool as well.

The food was great - our kids (ages 13 and 3) had no problems finding something to eat. The main buffet serves pizza, hotdogs, hamburgs etc etc lunch and dinner. But a good choice of Mexican dishes as well such as tacos. There is a great ice cream parlor. The Italian restaurant for breakfast was amazing.

There is plenty of activities to do around the resort. My oldest enjoyed the archery, air guns, beach olympics, ping pong tables etc. My youngest liked the mini club. I enjoyed the painting on the beach.

I have a review and pix up on the review site for this resort if you are interested in looking.

It is really hard to find a family resort - especially when you have a large age difference with your kids (there is 9.5 yrs between mines) I found that this resort did a good job of accommodating this.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

Thanks for your comments! Will check it out, as well as your post and pictures . . . although we'd prefer to keep our flight as short as possible with the kiddos!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

I need to brush up on my geography . . looks as if this wouldn't be any farther away than Turks & Caicos!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

I need to brush up on my geography . . looks as if this wouldn't be any farther away than Turks & Caicos!!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

We are off to Club Med Punta Cana (DR) at the end of May - will post a report when we return (kids 10,6.5 & 2). We have not been to this one - but had an AMAZING time at CM in Ixtapa. It does not have a water park - but has everything else you are looking for. They are in the process of renovations - so we are getting one of their new two room family suites. There activities are based on a 7 night stay assuming most guest come and go on Saturday. However you can come in on anyday and leave after 3 days...

If you sign up for there e-mails - you often get good discounts. At our time of booking (in February, deal is now over) we were able to have each kids stay free with each adult paid price.

Happy Planning

Juxie (born a Buckeye)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

Juxie - - hello from Buckeye State!

We are so indecisive . . . it's driving me crazy!

Now we're thinking about simply staying in the states and going to Daytona Beach . . . the poor TA folks are going to just get sick of me with all of my random postings while we try and sort out our vacation plans!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

Have you considered the Beaches Resorts? We went to BN last summer and are going back this summer. There is a great Kids Club, all food and drinks included, beautiful beach and some great people.

arlington, VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

We have heard good things about the Beaches Resort from friends of friends. The reviews on Tripadvisor have confirmed what we have heard.

wi
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: AI - Kids - Beach . . . need help!

We went to Puerto Vallarta last year with our 11, 7, and 3 year old. Stayed at the Crown Paradise Club which had a small kids waterpark on site. Kids loved it and it was very inexpensive. There is also a Crown Paradise Club in Cancun which has a better beach and waterpark.

Check out the pictures - good luck!

crownparadise.com/cancun/…leisure-areas.html