We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh MY GOD- Dreams Unlimited ruined my vacation

GA
1 post
Save Topic
Oh MY GOD- Dreams Unlimited ruined my vacation

I had been booked with Dreams Unlimited for months (like 2 years out) for a concierge room in the MAIN building of the Grand Floridian at WDW. They booked me in the "lesser" concierge "Sugar Loaf" without me knowing.

When I got to WDW they looked at me like I had two heads when I told them it was the wrong booking. They DID refund my money, but when I insisted to be moved to the main concierge, the basic message was "sucks to be you, ain't happening". I am so upset, and DU did even Apologize for this huge gaff. My vacatin was ruined and my faith in my fellow man is too, b/c they were sooooo rude.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh MY GOD- Dreams Unlimited ruined my vacation

It is never fun when you show up at a place and they don't have the right room - however - I would NEVER let that ruin my entire vacation - or even any of it. I always look at the hotel room as a place to sleep and shower. If I wanted to hang out in a bedroom I would stay home :) Also, they did refund your money which is more than most people get in these cases. Next time - try booking directly with the hotel.

SoCal
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh MY GOD- Dreams Unlimited ruined my vacation

Sorry to hear that.

We booked a vacation at WDW a few years ago through an offer (1-800 thing) that we saw on a TV ad from Disney. The first thing that happened was they sent us a DVD about Walt Disney World and all the hotels and ticket options. The DVD was was also offering a "special deal" if you called within a certain time frame. Which I figured was just a free photo album or some t-shirts. Boy was I wrong!

So when we finally decided to go and stay at the Wilderness Lodge (one of the Resort level hotels), we called to book a weeks stay. The rate which they gave us for the week (with unlimitted park tickets) was $2,400. But when we mentioned the DVD "special" the Disney booking agent took $1,000. off of that price and also upgraded us to the concierge floor of the hotel. It turned out to be a great deal and vacation. And we especially liked the Disney Bus that transports you to and from the airport in Orlando. The booking agent also threw that in on the deal. Which was a $200 value.

I agree with the last poster. I prefer to always book directly with the hotel. Sure, sometimes you can get lucky with priceline or some other site. But many times the hotel itslef has special deals that they are trying to push too. I'd say always try the hotel first... especially if you are traveling slightly off season.

3. Re: Oh MY GOD- Dreams Unlimited ruined my vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:18