We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Activity Holiday

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Family Activity Holiday

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 12. We are all reasonably fit. We are looking for an activity holiday - rafting, rope walks, canyons etc. Firstly we thought of Canada but that seems incredibly expensive so I am now looking at Europe. Can anyone recommend anywhere. I have done some research but the accommodation all seems very basic which I am really not into. I do like to stay in reasonable accommodation with good food and drink. Help!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Activity Holiday

Have you looked into Costa Rica?

NJ
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Activity Holiday

Check out Dominica, too. It's a great place, very off the beaten path and not your typical Caribbean Island. www.discoverdominica.com

We have stayed in hotels and rented houses there, all reasonable and clean. Good (fresh) food, great drinks (Kabuli - local beer, yum), and wonderful, wonderful people! Nature and adventures galore!

We have 3 kids, younger than yours, but each year we are able to do a little more with them. Last year hiking and whale watching. This year: river tubing, snorkelling, hiking (always) and possibly kayaking.

There's a lot more!

3. Re: Family Activity Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions