We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help looking for ideas

Miami, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help looking for ideas

Hi all. I'm looking for ideas for our family summer vacation. We are planning to stay in the United States or Canada. I am looking for attraction passes such as city pass or gocard that include multiple activies at one price. So if you know of any places that offer these kind of deals please let me know. We have a large family with children spread apart in age so we need a variety of activies to occupy them all.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help looking for ideas

Have you been to San Francisco before? Plenty to do in the city with kids of all ages as well as great day trip if you enjoy outdoor activities. There is both a GoCard and CityPass in San Francisco as well as great public transport so need need for a car rental.

Miami, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help looking for ideas

No. We've never been to Ca but with the price of gas I think we will be staying on the east coast. Thank you for the reply.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help looking for ideas

I believe chicago has a city pass

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help looking for ideas

City Passes are available for New York, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, Hollywood, Southern California, and Houston.

If you are a Costco member, they often offer specific City Passes in their stores at a savings over the retail price. Online at Costco you can order City Passes for Southern California, Chicago and New York.

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help looking for ideas

I live in the Chicago-area and yes Chicago does have a city pass. Summer is beautiful in Chicago with lots of activities - shopping, summer festivals in small neighborhoods or also by the lakefront, tanning/swimming/boating on the lake, lake/river cruises, amazing museums of all sorts, 2 zoos, the Shedd Aquarium with a fantastic view of beluga whales (including two infants), theater shows to entertain and amuse all, fantastic restaurants and night scene and the list really does go on. There is also a free shuttle that goes to many of the main sites (museums, shopping, and parks). Come to Chicago - you will love it!

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
306 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help looking for ideas

toronto!

we just returned from a week there and it was great. they have a citypass, which was $64 for adults. includes the 'biggies.' we went to 5 of the 6 attractions, so well worth the money. lots to do for several ages. here is my reply to a toronto post on what to do with teens. our kids are younger, but most attractions are all ages. we did not do wonderland or the water park.

cn tower

blue jays game

ferry to the islands-rent bikes and ride around.

hang at the beach on the islands

hockey hall of fame (a museum, but tons of interactive stuff-there were many many teens there having a blast)

day trip to niagara falls-maid of the mists (other falls attractions, such as journey behind the falls, depending on how much time/money you want to spend)

canada's wonderland

waterpark

lots of street festivals on weekends

7. Re: help looking for ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 00:18