We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We need a BIG villa!

rt
guatemala
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
We need a BIG villa!

I need some help - we are going on a trip that will include all of my extended family. This will be a total of about 27 people, ranging in age from a few months to about 80. We are hoping to go somewhere in the Caribbean (or anywhere else - preference is Carib, but we would need a nice beach) and possibly rent a villa (or 2 if we have to), where we can stay for about 10 days over Christmas and New years 2006/7.

Suggestions please! I am looking for a large serviced villa that is situated in an area where there are things to do for all ages - be that beach, water sports (diving, wind-surfing etc), historical / cutlutral attractions etc.

I have no idea where to look. Please help!

Luckily mony is not an issue.

r

rt
guatemala
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We need a BIG villa!

Any thoughts team?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,081 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We need a BIG villa!

Sorry-I could help for Baja but not the Carib!

rt
guatemala
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We need a BIG villa!

What would you be able to suggest in Baja? Hadn´t really considered there, but could be a good option.

At the moment, we can only seem to find options in and around Vallarta and Acapulco. And they seem to be really good options.

Do let me know, please!

rt

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,081 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We need a BIG villa!

There are a couple of companies I have worked with, one of the best is Earth, Sea & Sky! I like working with Heather. There is also Classic Mexico, and another company in Chico, but I don't remember the exact name. I can get that for you when I am at work on Monday. For what you are looking for, they would be the three I recommend, but I would also suggest popping into the Cabo pages. There is someone there that is looking for something similiar, and Yachtmerchant has some good info also!

Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: We need a BIG villa!

Have you look on www.vrbo.com? We have rented several times direct from the owners and it has worked very well for us.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,081 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We need a BIG villa!

Yes-that is another good choice. They seem to have many good deals!

Minneapolis, MN
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We need a BIG villa!

go to www.unusualvillarentals.com there are villas around the world on this site.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We need a BIG villa!

Try www.vrbo.com. These are privately owned condo's, houses and villa's all over the world. Just click on your destination and look thru the choices.

We just got back from a beach vacation in South Carolina, USA

and we had 42 people in our group, but we all rented seperate hotel rooms (in the same hotel) It worked out fine! We got together during the day on the beach and every night we had a big pool party together.

Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We need a BIG villa!

Try wimco.com or saand.com. They both specialize in Caribbean villas and both have villas with 6 - 9 bedrooms, some with private beaches and pools. Wimco has 8-bedroom properties on Mustique and St. Thomas, while Saand has a number of 7+ bedrooms villas, mostly on Jamaica. Good luck!