We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early arrival, late check-in

California
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Early arrival, late check-in

We are traveling to Florida (Ft. Myer area) on a red eye with a 21 month old and can't check in to our place until 3PM. Any thoughts of things to do? We will have a car. Would love to find a hotel with an early check in a go to sleep. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early arrival, late check-in

Have you considered buying the hotel room for the night before you arrive? That way it is ready whenever you get there.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,962 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early arrival, late check-in

Hi;

The family travel forum was created for the discussion of family-travel related issues that aren't necessarily restricted to one specific destination.

As a new user of TripAdvisor I would suggest before posting in any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum and other important details.

For questions about traveling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Ft Myers forum is;

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34230-Fort_Myers_…

I would suggest posting your question on that forum where you are more likely to receive qualified replies.

Best Regards

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early arrival, late check-in

The obvious answer would be to find a hotel with an earlier check-in or can be accommodating of your request. I would first contact the hotel you have booked and see what they can do. If they are unwilling to be accommodating I would phone other hotels and see what can be done for you. If you end up changing hotels - when you cancel the original reservation do tell them why you are changing. Lots of times hotels near airports have check-in times at any time.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early arrival, late check-in

Could be a LOOONG day! If you have a rental car, just buckle them in and go for a long drive to get a little sleep into them (and maybe at least one of you).

Good luck on finding the early checkin.

5. Re: Early arrival, late check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 05:25