We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

Brisbane
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

We are heading to Dublin next year for a wedding from Australia and are traveling with 2 children and a baby. We are keen to break the trip heading over and coming back. Has anyone got any good ideas on where to stop and which airline is the most kid friendly.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

Mr Potter,

When flying from Brisbane to Europe at least 3 airlines travel through Singapore and so you have some choice on price. Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Emirates and Etihad I think. Singapore airlines is my choice although I find QF51 a comfortable flight.

Singapore is very comfortable and very safe with kids. It works as a great beginners guide to Asia. A short stop of two to three nights makes the trip to Europe much more comfortable and provides that little taste of Asia.

We never fly straight through to Europe any more and always stop somewhere. We find that much more pleasant.

Our kids love Singapore. Novotel Clarke Quay in Singapore is family friendly.

Cheers

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I agree with the previous poster to use Singapore Airlines with a Singapore stop over. Another option will be Malaysian Airlines with a stop in Kuala Lumpur but not sure it flies BNE-Dublin. We flew Amsterdam-BNE with them some years ago.

Tet

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

I have found Singapore Airlines and Emirates to both be very family friendly.

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

Hi,

I agree with the other replies. Singapore Airlines are wonderful to travel with and are so good with children. Singapore is a great child friendly destination. We stayed at the Swissotel a couple of times and it worked out great. The children loved the Zoo and night safari, Sentosa island and really everything about Singapore.

If you fly Malaysian airlines, you may prefer to stopover in Penang at a beach hotel in Batu Ferrangi instead of Kuala Lumper.

Good luck, have a great trip.

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

You could ask on the air travel forum, maybe someone has done this kind of trip and can advise.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Adelaide
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

Hello,

Our family(we have 3 kids who were 7, 5 & 3 years when we travelled) last year in August to a family wedding in Cork. We got round the world tickets and had 4 nights in Singapore going over(it is a very kid friendly destination with lots to do ie the Zoo, Sentosa Island, they have lots of great water parks in singapore), we also stayed in London for a few days en route to Ireland(my brother who was getting married in Ireland lives in London). On the way back we went via LA to visit friends and also to break up the flight back. It was about 15 hrs from London to LA & then about the same or slightly less to get back to Australia. We have travelled to Europe twice now with the kids and the first time was with BA & the second with Singapore air. Both are great with kids. (although Singapore air were slightly better) Good luck with your planning!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

Are you stil reading this thread MrPotter? Where those replies helpful?

8. Re: Traveling to Europe from Australia wih kids - August 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions