We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I build and personalized map of my vacation?

Terre Haute, IN
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I build and personalized map of my vacation?

I know I can go to mapquest or google to get maps and directions. I can also go to many other sites to find destination maps. However, I'm looking for a site that allows me to input my hotel, specific attractions, restaurants, etc. and will display them all on a map that I can easily print. Does anyone know where I can get this? It doesn't seem too off the wall. Oh, we're going to San Antonio and I would like this personalized map to help me logistically plan and execute our vacation from our home-base hotel. Thank you for your assistance.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I build and personalized map of my vacation?

Have you checked out travelpod? It is more of a traveling journal, but could work as a personal map as you describe.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
744 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I build and personalized map of my vacation?

What a wonderful question. I have looked for something similar to what you have described. In addition, I want to be able to save it as a jpeg as I print my photos in photobooks.

Terre Haute, IN
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I build and personalized map of my vacation?

I know. I wish I was better equipped to build website because this seems like a very useful idea. Also, I'd like to create (and there may already be one) a website that allowed me to input my home airport and showed me vacation ideas and deals from that destination. I keep getting emails from trip advisor, travelocity, etc. that illustrate these great deals from NYC or LA, neither of which help me much. I would find it useful from an idea standpoint. I don't always know where I would like to go and could be swayed by a great deal to new destination. It's easy to think about Florida, New York City or Southern California but if I found a can't-miss deal to Colorado or Arizona or New Orleans, then I'd be on my way!

4. Re: Where can I build and personalized map of my vacation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 05:16