We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for trip with baby and toddler

London, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for trip with baby and toddler

Can anyone suggest a budget friendly trip with a 4-6mo and 3 year old? It would be either November or January.

Price is the big factor.

We're thinking of a 5 day caribbean cruise in January when the baby is 6mo's, but paying for the 2 kids is expensive. We're also considering an all-inclusive to Cuba, but we did this the past 2 years.

We want to go somewhere warm so it would have to be southern states. Maybe rent a car and do a road-trip?

We would fly out of Detroit or Toronto.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for trip with baby and toddler

Hi!

what about australia? tickets in november do not need to be very expensive... you can hire a car and do a road trip.. camping is very good, safe and inexpensive option there. h.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for trip with baby and toddler

I would love to go to Australia, but the flight alone is way out of my price range. And we would only be gone for a week.

Thanks though!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
317 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for trip with baby and toddler

I would try Cancun areas in Mexico or Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for trip with baby and toddler

The Caribbean is a great option - they love love love kids there and you can find some affodable options out of Toronto if you get creative. I would recommend flying not driving as it is much easier to amuse a child in a plane for 3 - 5 hours rather than keeping them occupied strapped in car seats for + hours.

I have taken my son from the age of 11 months old and now my infant from the age of 11 weeks...to the following islands without any trouble at all ever...

Barbdos

St. Martin

St.Kitts and Nevis (took the boat too)

St.Kitts

Jamaica

Grenada

We are looking to return to Grenada, St.Kitts or trying Antigua this time....

Babies travel in the air pretty well in my experience adn there are very few things in life that are as much fun as sharing the Caribbean with your babies!!!

5. Re: Advice for trip with baby and toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 05:16