We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Stroller

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Stroller

We are looking for a good travel stroller - does anyone have recommendations? Our main wants are:

light, small fold

some storage underneath

bar/tray in front of toddler

reclining seat

weight limit of 50+ (our son is almost 2 yrs old, about 30 lb)

Cupholders for the adults would be a bonus. Any suggestions?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Stroller

My preference for a lightweight, durable, compact stroller that fit in the overhead compartment of airplanes was the Maclaren brand. Expensive, but worth it.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Stroller

We had great success with our Combi Flare. It folds up to fit anywhere. Is durable. Has a carrying strap. Light weight. The seat reclines though I do think they have other models which can accommodate an infant.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Stroller

Look for a stroller with larger diameter wheels. We had a good one but I do not remember the brand. It folded up like the cheap umbrella strollers, but was sturdier and had much larger wheels. The wheels will help when you have to deal with rough sidewalks, cobblestones, even tree roots and such.

4. Re: Travel Stroller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 05:17