We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

herts
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

We are a family with 4 children aged 15 to 5. Have travelled extensively with all the children Looking for a new adventure for next Summer. Any ideas?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

America. The United States has such varied terrain, city life, national parks, tropics, desert, mountains, rivers, it's vast and endless! How much time do you have?

I'll give you a starter list of states to visit!

New York, Massachusettes, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, South Dakota, Idaho, Oregon, California, and Hawaii. Have extra time, add Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Nevada, Georgia, and Alaska. That outta keep you busy :)

My favorite USA places: Yellowstone National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas, Aspen, San Antonio, Orlando, Nashville, Boston, NYC...I could go on and on.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

Australia!

I'm assuming you're from the Northern Hemisphere? Your Summer is our Winter, still a great time to visit as most of the country experiences mild winters. Is one of the best times to visit The Great Barrier Reef.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

The United States of America.

herts
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

sorry forgot to say have done the USA too, although not all you suggested.

Have not done Australia but not sure it's different enough to UK.

Looking for somewhere with a real different culture to the UK and dont think USA or Australia fit the bill, and ideally would want to go somewhere that is relatively warm in August and no rain!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

Somewhere else in Asia? Thailand is popular with families

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

South America. We just returned from 5 weeks in Ecuador and Peru and it was great. Summer is their winter but winter means fairly warm by North American standards. We visited the Galapagos, Cusco & the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, the Amazon jungle and Lima. This was with our 10-year-old.

Otherwise, what about Thailand or Malaysia or maybe Jordan. I'd suggest Egypt or Tunisia but they get awfully hot in the summer. Depends on what you think you can handle temp-wise and what kind of activities you intend to do.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
22 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

Go do a Safari in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Namibia) all good with kids and they need our support!

Ben

herts
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

was thinking about Safari, Ive done it as a singleton but not with family. We looked at Tanzania last year but its quite expensive, maybe look again.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

Hi I too was thinking Africa. My family traveled to kenya with www.2afrika.com they were great

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Done Europe, India, Vietnam, Morrocco, - where next?

Have not done Australia but not sure it's different enough to UK. - the only similar thing is English (well sort of:))

Australia is fabulous, but a long schlep