We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Villa properties within resorts

NY burbs
Level Contributor
178 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking Villa properties within resorts

Hi there,

We just returned from a villa within the Wyndham Rio Mar in Puerto Rico. We loved this concept as the villa space coupled with the hotel resort amenities were perfect for our family. We would love to try this concept other places, but I am struggling to find properties.

I have found two Ritz properties (St Thomas and Grand Cayman), but these seem too pricey for us.

Does anyone have other suggestions? We are beach/water people so the Caribbean is our first location choice, but are happy to consider others if we can reach them with a direct flight from NYC.

TIA

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Villa properties within resorts

Hello,

we have been to some villas withing resorts to Many countries. but still remember that we have been in Turkey beach resort in a place called "Akbuk"

so many villas around and has a best amazing beach to swim and enjoy the sun .

second one were in Assilah one of the northern cities in Morocco, lovely beaches and so amazing homes inside an old city they call it Medina of assilah.

so lovely.

so if you one of this be welcome to ask.

regards,

Sandy

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking Villa properties within resorts

I am pretty certain that Wyndham and Marriott both do these sort of "timeshare on a resort" sort of places. Quite a lot of people seem to buy properties and then let certain weeks through a local agent or Marriott etc.

What did you need in terms of facilities: restaurant, swimming pool, kid's club, tennis court? How many bedrooms?

I feel fairly confident that you should be able to find places in Barbados and St Lucia. In Grenada I considered Blue Horizons and Mount Cinnamon (more pricey) before settling on a private rental.

I think I would figure out where you can fly to without too many, if any, changes and then post on that forum for ideas.

3. Re: Seeking Villa properties within resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 14:53
new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking Villa properties within resorts

We recently stayed in a 3br villa with own pool at the Westin in St. John. Had all the resort facilities and all the beautiful beaches of St. John. The villa itself is attached to another villa - though you feel like you're separated - its truly private. This was an ideal situation as we are a family of 5 and enjoy our space. It was fantastic!

5. Re: Seeking Villa properties within resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 23:15