We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complete North America

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Complete North America

Thinking of using this company to arrange rv trip to USA. Any reviews or comments welcome please1

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Complete North America

Hi

USA is a big place. Any ideas where you will be going? You also can rent an RV and travel on your own. TA's destination forums and the Road Trips forum are happy to help you with this. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Sorry, can't help for this company.

Tet

Surrey
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Complete North America

AVOID! I have had an unpleasant time at their hands. I elevated my complaint to one of their senior Directors who sent me a page long patronising email by way of 'customer service'. Small outfit with much to learn about good practice.

Nottingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Complete North America

In response to the above comment I'd like to offer some clarification.

This client had to cancel their holiday planned for 2010 and expected that despite the work done to propose and book the holiday, that we refund initial non-refundable deposits. We recommend that all travellers have adequate travel insurance in place but can only assume that the reason for cancelling was not covered by insurance or no travel insurance had been taken out.

In an effort to accommodate this client, once airline cancellation charges had been subtracted, we offered to transfer the remaining deposit to a new booking which they could travel on up to December 31st 2012. We were not obliged to do this but were keen to help over and above our booking conditions.

Whilst we try to be as flexible and accommodating as possible once a proposed holiday is agreed and confirmed the deposit is non-refundable and this is clear at the time of booking. Our deposit is only £150 and the charging of a non-refundable deposit prior to undertaking any work is standard practice in many industries and we believe quite fair and reasonable.

I'd like to reiterate that this client has never actually travelled with CNA. Should comments about our company be required then we would invite you to visit our website where user posted comments can be viewed in large numbers so that a more balanced opinion can be formed.

It's disappointing that this individual has chosen to make unqualified disparaging remarks about our company via this medium but we are glad to have the opportunity to offer the facts about this case and hope that it will not deter others from using Complete North America for tailored travel to North America.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Complete North America

Thanks for the qualifer Complete North. It was well written.

Most experienced forum readers will already have noted that Lobrys has never posted until making this remark. Hence, the remark is not given very much weight. If you had written back in a confrontational fashion, it would have added weight.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Complete North America

I agree with Ainwa. Maybe Lobrys will come back to this thread.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Complete North America

I did not attach much weight to this complaint about CNA because of the tone of the message and lack of detail. I do feel that it is useful to have independent reviews rather than just those provided on company websites but I would then make my own decisions based on a range of information not ever one unhappy review.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Complete North America

I wanted to share an experience I have just had with this company. I have been talking to one of their representitives about a trip to USA and Canada and explained what our budget was. It was very realistic considering we'd already done a bit of research in terms of average costs per city we wanted to visit and then added on a premium for paying for an agent to book it all. We'd also looked at some of their proposed itineraries on their website and although we wanted to tailor our a bit more, we used them as a guide to what we should budget. How wrong were we!!! We were patronised no end and the representitive wouldn't actually provide any details of arrangements or a quote until I'd agreed to extend the budget - which I didn't want to as we couldn't afford to pay anymore and I don't want to waste anyone's time. Instead I explained that we were flexible with dates and only looking at 3* type accomodation. The more they pushed and refused to provide details of the quote the more I thought I wonder if they have a minimum spend or something to make it worthwhile??

As such I have never travelled with Complete North America and am currently in contact with other similar agencies who're helping us and working within our budget as well as exploring booking the holiday ourself. Our experinece of customer service upfront wasn't great though but maybe this is a one off and others have had better experiences?

Edited: 10 October 2011, 10:38
8. Re: Complete North America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2011, 19:35
Birmingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Complete North America

Hi Ed

I see this is your first forum post - and so eloquently put - a cynic would think you actually work for them?!

As you will see from my review I explained that I didn't get to booking stage or experiencing a holiday due to them being so unhelpful and in my opinion Not very good value for money or interested because I wasn't willing to spend a certain amount.

I liaised with them for over 5 weeks and got nowhere. In contrast I have been speaking with other travel companies about tha trip and they have been nothing but helpful and the service has been exceptional in contrast. In particular Bon Voyage who we will probably be booking this with shortly and I would t hesitate to recommend them to fellow tripadvisors.

Please understand I do not lightly complain-you will see from a variety of hotel reviews I do travel to America and get tailor made holidays a lot and so can compare the service- in this instance complete north America was way below par. I have emailed my comments to the management also but so far no reply?!?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Complete North America

Thank you very much for taking the time to add to this thread. I believe the purpose of these forums is for customers to share their own experiences and opinions. I really appreciate Lightyearz input and feel the positive and negative opinions should be freely shared and then we can make our own informed choice. I too found the cost of my holiday spiralled with Complete North America but i decided to go ahead because we booked very late and felt this did impact on the costs. I sadly phoned the company after our trip with several issues and they only wanted to deal with them in writing. I still haven't done this as it is so much more time consuming than a phone call and have now left it too late. My own fault I know. Thanks again for your comments.