We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

neenah, Wisconsin...
2 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

We are looking for a family friendly but nice resort to go for spring break this year. 2 families of 5 (ages 5,7,9,9,10,10). We were planning on the Atlantis in the Bahamas but the price will not come down to reasonable!!! Would love some suggestions on places and why! Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

You could rent two condos in the same complex in a family friendly place like Sanibel Island, FL. THere are bike trails all over the island and bikes are usually included with the condo rental. Most resorts have beautiful pools,

jacuzzis, tennis courts, basketball court, and best of all....the beaches are GORGEOUS, uncrowded, and clean, white sand.

Another idea to keep things easy would be the Club Med Sandpiper in FL.

It's near Port St Lucie, I think. It's not on the beach but there are pools etc and tons of great activities for the kids.

Not sure what your budget allows, but if it's possible, the BEACHES resorts are part of the Sandals family of resorts and are great, all-inclusive (easy) vacation resorts. There are BEACHES in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos.

Last, if budget allows, there are some excellent resorts called "Dreams" that are geared specifically for families. These are all-inclusive and located in Riviera Maya and Dominican Republic. They are very highly rated resorts with lots to do for everyone.

Hope this helps

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

I see that you are in Neenah, WI. I suggest that you check with the ladies right there at Fox World Travel. I can't recall their names but they have lots of experience selling spring break vacations for families. They may or may not charge you a fee (and you can find that out upfront) but they may also have unadvertised specials. These folks sell what you want day in and day out and have lots of options waiting for you. But speaking of waiting, this is now the very busiest of times in midwest travel agencies so don't wait any longer to get started I suggest. Have a great trip.

Upper Montclair...
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

Have you considered Niagara Falls? I went there with 2 families, one family of 6 and one family of 3 which included 4 kids ages 7-12 . We had lots of fun and it fit our budget. It was an unforgettable experience for us! Another suggestion would be Disney World,Florida. It is an excellent place to go and will have something for everyone.

Edited: 07 January 2012, 19:59
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

Supply and demand appears to be putting presure on the cost curve of family travel everywhere. I believe it is pent-up-demand.

My strange projection: If the warm weather continues in the midwest fewer people will buying spring travel. IF this continues in a few weeks prices will decline.

We will see, but this is peek buying time for Springbreak.

Good luck with finding a place!

5. Re: Need help finding best place for 2 families of 5!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2013, 10:24